"Reboot and Select proper Boot device" Error (Feb.2012)

Magicflier

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
I just finished building and putting together my computer, i ran into many obstacles but i got through them then now here i am, stuck on this error that says:
------
"Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"
------
when i turn on my computer, preparing to re-download Windows XP 32bit on my old Sa300gb HDD. I confirmed in the BIOS that my HDD was recognized, but i don't see my CD/DVD drive on the boot sequence list..

Here are some info that might help?
Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M PRO
CPU: Intel core i5-2500k LGA1155 processor

and both my Harddrives and CD drives use SATA cables to connect to the motherboard

So any ideas? :(

bambootoothpick

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
I am having the same problem. I was having over heat problems due to the heat sink and I was turning the computer on and off and it was loading into BIOS, but now it says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device"

bambootoothpick

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
I was able to get back to the BIOS buy hitting delete. I also reset the heatsink on the CPU so I'm not getting temperatures that force me to shutdown.

I am getting CPU temperature of 36C and MB temperature of 25C. It seems like I am still getting a high CPU temperature for being in BIOS and having no OS installed. Is this high and what should I do to solve the problem?

Thanks