Advice/Suggestions On Which AMD CPU To Get For New Build...

ttechfs

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Hi, I just wanted some people's thoughts, views, input and opinions on what CPU I should go for with my new build that will be AMD based later this year in November or so.

I have been thinking strongly of just getting an FX 8 core. The better one clocked at 3.6Ghz base since for $200 bucks and most likely less by the time Im ready to build you can't really beat.

BUT, I have also thought about getting a new Trinity APU + FM2 motherboard for around $100 bucks or so.

The A10-5800K at 3.8Ghz base APU.

You probably need a bit of information from me as in what I do with my computer to speak with intelligence to be able to guide me, lol, so I use my computer for basically....

- Web browsing
- Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Itunes
- Movie watching
- Music converting [FLAC to Mp3]'
- Video Converting [example - AVI to MP4] [I wont be doing this a ton, just once in a while]
- Little to no gaming since I use my playstation 3 [still want the opportunity to BE ABLE TO in the future]

So, some may say I don't need a powerful processor but I am trying to future proof myself a bit and the more I think about it, the more I find the new Trinity APU A10-5800K to be right up my alley? I mean, it's not 8 cores, but it is Quad Core at 3.8Ghz with the graphics built in and IF NEEDED, I wouldn't mind buying an additional graphics card for $125 or less since I'd be getting the motherboard at a good price and Im sure the processor won't be above $200 because Llano right now is only $115.

So, let me know your thoughts. I hope I gave enough info. I appreciate it. Thanks! : )

ttechfs

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

Yes, thats what I hear as well but it may be the better and easier option for what I need to just get it all in one. Trinity APU with graphics and processor built in since I don't need anything ULTRA powerful, I just don't want to lag all the time.

ttechfs

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

Yeah, I hate my quad core AMD processor right now. But it was the very first one that came out for laptops. Phenom II at 1.6Ghz. It's SLOW, it's bad. I cant wait to get rid of this laptop. Im giving AMD one more try in the desktop area because I've read several reviews in the past couple years and everyone says their fine when it comes to the desktop due to the high clock speeds and such. Just hope to not have lag this time. lol.