Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Sound card problem on motherboard

Last response: in Components
June 10, 2012 1:52:17 AM

I have the HD Audio integrated on my Asus P5KPL-AM SE. After I using that more than 1 year, HD audio seems got problem. Usually I can hear Left and Right speaker, but after that I can hearing the left speaker only. So I can't hear music comfortly. Speaker has no problem.
a b V Motherboard
June 10, 2012 2:12:57 AM

This can happen if the audio jack is not plug correctly or have gotten loose. Plug it more firmly & rotate to improve contact between the jack & the plug. Do this both on the plug at the back of the motherboard & at the input jack of the speaker.
m
l
June 10, 2012 2:27:36 AM

I already plug it correctly, but I can hearing the left speaker. However speaker had no problem, I have test that with another device and I can hear the left and right speaker. It was not done yet since 2 month ago
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
June 10, 2012 2:34:40 AM

Do you mean it was working 2 months ago & you did not change the connection? The speaker should go to the green socket. If it is already there, try to re-install your sound driver & see if that fix the problem.
m
l
June 10, 2012 3:07:24 AM

No, I mean it doesn't work since more than 2 month ago. I have reinstall the driver but it doesn't solve it, the speaker jack also plugged to green socket
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 10, 2012 4:20:15 AM

Just to make sure that your motherboard audio circuits is working, try it at the front audio panel. If it works there, it might be a defective plug at the back.

If you know how to change which socket the left & right, change it in the audio manager. If you have realtek, go to analog backpanel which shows the 6 audio jacks, right click on the new plug you want to use for the front speakers & assign it accordingly. I don't know how to do it for others but it is called "connector retasking" in Realtek. Look for something that mean similar.
m
l
June 10, 2012 6:17:01 AM

I have doing that, but it still heared left speaker. When I set balance to right I can't hear everything from the speaker. I think it was the audio chip problem, how to fix that audio chip problem?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 10, 2012 7:00:38 AM

The sound on my Asus Mobo failed recently, I bought a sound card on Ebay and installed it in the one available PCI slot. Hopefully you will have a spare one...
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
June 10, 2012 7:57:39 AM

frenzyvanrafi said:
I have doing that, but it still heared left speaker. When I set balance to right I can't hear everything from the speaker. I think it was the audio chip problem, how to fix that audio chip problem?

It can't be fixed if it's problem on the mobo. As dodger suggested, just buy a sound card. You don't need to get the most expensive ones. Check whatever slot is available in your motherboard. It could be PCI or PCIex1 kind of expansion cards.

Just make sure that drivers will be available for your OS.
June 11, 2012 3:55:52 AM

OK, I will find that. But, I have the Yamaha XG 734B-V, but unfortunely it doesn't support Windows 7.
m
l
June 11, 2012 3:58:45 AM

Best answer selected by frenzyvanrafi.
m
l
!