Quick Launch.....

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I have a shortcut to IE6 in my quick launch....
(about:blank)...
It was fine up til yesterday...now I notice if I put my
cursor on it....a balloon opens up and says...
www.designerbag4free.com.......and under that it
says 'about:blank'
I have
run...adaware...spybot...cwcrusher...spysweeper...easyclean
er...and scanned with my norton antivirus 2003. They find
nothing..I did a 'find' in regedit for
designerbag4free...and it finds nothing..
I use winxp pro....
I have 10 shortcuts in my quicklaunch toolbar...and this
is the only one that has that problem.
I have set my IE to default settings...and still have the
same problem...
HELP....
thanks..

BURT

Rick,
Delete the shortcut and make a new one and I think your problem will
vanish.
--
Burt
The Old Alaskan

"Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a shortcut to IE6 in my quick launch....
> (about:blank)...
> It was fine up til yesterday...now I notice if I put my
> cursor on it....a balloon opens up and says...
> www.designerbag4free.com.......and under that it
> says 'about:blank'
> I have
> run...adaware...spybot...cwcrusher...spysweeper...easyclean
> er...and scanned with my norton antivirus 2003. They find
> nothing..I did a 'find' in regedit for
> designerbag4free...and it finds nothing..
> I use winxp pro....
> I have 10 shortcuts in my quicklaunch toolbar...and this
> is the only one that has that problem.
> I have set my IE to default settings...and still have the
> same problem...
> HELP....
> thanks..

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Did that....now it says "Lower my bills" over top the
about blank.....

BURT

Rick,
In what way did you make the new shortcut? When you open IE and go to
Tools/Internet Options, on the General tab, what is the URL that is shown
there?
Please post back and we will continue this thread and in the meantime,
somebody else might chime in here.