Won't go past BIOS screen

Hello.

I have an approximately two year old Core i7 930/EVGA X58 SLI LE gaming rig.

Today I attempted to turn on the computer, it posted but was stuck at what I'd assume is the BIOS loading screen.

It was stuck there for a few minutes, and I decide to try something else. The computer was overclocked slightly by around 100 MHz and I thought that there were some incorrect settings or something of that sort, and thus decided to just press the "Reset CMOS" button and it worked. This time it went passed this screen, (it displayed the connected SATA devices, it was stuck at the point before loading the SATA devices) and managed to boot into Windows 7. I had a few problems with Windows 7 at the moment (MPC-HC was unreasonably laggy, so I decided to reboot) and when it tried to 'load' or display the connected SATA drives it became frozen again.

I thought this was strange, and decided to see if clearing the CMOS again would work. I attempted again, and it did not go through the SATA device loading screen like the last time - instead the screen went blank and it rebooted the computer - or something like that, and the CPU was displayed as a Core i7 930 @ 4200 MHz (a ridiculous overclock). Thinking that this would damage my PC, I switched it off and now I don't know how to fix my computer.

Looking at the the Award POST codes it displayed 50 while it was stuck, and checking it on EVGA's website, it turns out to be "USB init" or intialising USB controller - which if it didn't work, would explain why my keyboard didn't work.

img20120223160541.jpg

(This is the screen that appears everytime I try to boot now, and it seems the CPU self-overclocks to 4.2 GHz after a few seconds)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Well, I do, but it turns out I managed to fix the problem by taking out the USB flash drive that was in a USB port. After that, it booted fine. Probably what that code 50 meant - it was probably attempting to boot by USB and must've malfunctioned or booted up incorrectly.

Sigh. Everytime I post here about a problem I have, it turns out to be something quite simple.

Thanks for the response though.