Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Site temporarily unavailable

Tags:
  • Site Bug Reports
  • Tom's Hardware
Last response: in Forum Feedback
August 3, 2011 5:13:33 PM

Hi. Don't actually know where to post this, so feel free to move it to relevant area, but everytime I comment on a forum thread as soon as i click submit it takes me to the "site temporarily unavailable, try again later" page of tom's.

This has been happening on more than 1 pc and different versions of Firefox (4.0, 4.0.1 and 5.0.1). Is it a known issue? Is it my account?

Whats strange is that if i just click back it takes me back to the thread and ta-da, theres my post. So its not a deal-breaker but it is disconcerting.

More about : site temporarily unavailable

August 3, 2011 6:42:33 PM

Also, when at that page, if i try refresh i end up double posting :p 
August 4, 2011 3:22:20 PM

That is disconcerting. It isn't a known issue, but I've heard reports of this happening once in a great while. Usually the issue doesn't persist.

Is it persisting with you?
Related resources
August 4, 2011 7:38:36 PM

Every time...Both those lines above you it happened and sure enough, it'll happen now when I click submit your reply. It should be known that mostly I do use internet via my university proxy, but nowhere else do i get any kind of issue. As I said it happens with different pc's and different versions of firefox (havent tried chrome or, *gasp* IE), so it does seem to be an account thing or i dunno... :/ 
August 5, 2011 1:42:22 PM

The proxy thing might definitely be an issue. Still though, I'll bug it up as an issue.
August 7, 2011 5:35:01 PM

I realise my previous post may have been ambiguous. I meant that on no other web sites do I get any kind of issue. :) 
August 27, 2011 9:16:40 AM

Also im unsure if I should make a new thread or if its relevant, but i've also lately been noticing i dont get the blue flag saying a thread is something i've replied to, only the orange flag...so it seems toms doesnt acknowledge that I post replies...weird
August 27, 2011 12:52:06 PM

Mottamort said:
"site temporarily unavailable, try again later"

No such problem here, Firefox 9.0a1 x64.

:) 
August 28, 2011 2:20:17 AM

As I mentioned, its been taking place with various Firefox iterations as well as Google Chrome and also Opera. So I think its either our firewall here at my university acting strangely with your server or my account, especially regarding my most recent post about the blue/orange flags (btw this thread I started is an orange flag to me...
August 29, 2011 8:13:06 PM

Sounds more and more like the firewall issue, or a problem from the server/proxy side of things.
August 30, 2011 5:34:50 PM

Mottamort said:
As I mentioned, its been taking place with various Firefox iterations as well as Google Chrome and also Opera. So I think its either our firewall here at my university acting strangely with your server or my account, especially regarding my most recent post about the blue/orange flags (btw this thread I started is an orange flag to me...

I don't know if missed somebody else posting about this, but change your DNS server.

I recommend

8.8.8.8(Google)
208.67.222.222(OpenDNS)

August 31, 2011 2:50:54 PM

changed DNS altho not sure if it might cause my inet to perhaps not work (since im connecting via my university with their own settings...but will see :) 
August 31, 2011 2:53:08 PM

nope. internet became unstable (firefox opened but became unresponsive as soon as i tried to load a page) and it showed im no longer connected to internet, but thank you for the help regardless, at least someone is giving ideas :) 
August 31, 2011 9:34:35 PM

Usually the DNS server set manually in ones computer overrides the DNS server that is centrally set for the entire network.

It could just be issues with the network itself or the ISP.
September 10, 2011 11:47:51 PM

Well im currently on a PC that is just a standard connection (not connected via firewall to my academic institution) and all is well. So somewhere my varsity connection is telling toms that the posts im making arent in fact made by me (hence the orange flag and not a blue one)... i still find that incredibly strange :p 
February 25, 2012 1:36:01 PM

I'm getting this problem too. Anyone found a solution yet?
February 25, 2012 3:27:34 PM

This happens to me when im in college but not when im at home. Is this happening to you at work?