Systray Icons

September 30, 2004 1:46:12 PM

I need to enlarge the systay icons.
Since setting the Display dpi setting to 150% (144) and playing with other
font sizes in *Appearnce*, the systray icons are now stacked 2 high and seem
very small (too small for my old eyes, anyway!)
I would also like to make the Task Bar icons a bit bigger (but not huge).

TIA

More about : systray icons

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 1:46:13 PM

Hi,

The icons in the notification area cannot be enlarged. The quicklaunch icons can however be enlarged. Unlock the taskbar
by right-clicking on an empty spot and unchecking "Lock the taskbar". Now right-click on a blank spot in the quicklaunch
bar and point to view and select "large icons".

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:EBQ6d.51$zJ2.26@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net...
>I need to enlarge the systay icons.
> Since setting the Display dpi setting to 150% (144) and playing with other
> font sizes in *Appearnce*, the systray icons are now stacked 2 high and seem
> very small (too small for my old eyes, anyway!)
> I would also like to make the Task Bar icons a bit bigger (but not huge).
>
> TIA

September 30, 2004 4:55:42 PM

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> The icons in the notification area cannot be enlarged.

*Cannot*? Oh super! :-(((

The quicklaunch icons can however be enlarged. Unlock the taskbar
> by right-clicking on an empty spot and unchecking "Lock the taskbar". Now
right-click on a blank spot in the quicklaunch
> bar and point to view and select "large icons".

I tried that, hence the *not huge* comment.
Sorry, I should have made that clear

thanks for trying

> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://aspnet2.com/mvp.ashx?AnandoChatterjee
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> >I need to enlarge the systay icons.
> > Since setting the Display dpi setting to 150% (144) and playing with
other
> > font sizes in *Appearnce*, the systray icons are now stacked 2 high and
seem
> > very small (too small for my old eyes, anyway!)
> > I would also like to make the Task Bar icons a bit bigger (but not
huge).

> > TIA

September 30, 2004 4:55:43 PM

Have you considered using reading glasses.. I have been doing this for some
time now..

> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> The icons in the notification area cannot be enlarged.
>
> *Cannot*? Oh super! :-(((
>
> The quicklaunch icons can however be enlarged. Unlock the taskbar
>> by right-clicking on an empty spot and unchecking "Lock the taskbar". Now
> right-click on a blank spot in the quicklaunch
>> bar and point to view and select "large icons".
>
> I tried that, hence the *not huge* comment.
> Sorry, I should have made that clear
>
> thanks for trying
>

>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://aspnet2.com/mvp.ashx?AnandoChatterjee
>>
>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> >I need to enlarge the systay icons.
>> > Since setting the Display dpi setting to 150% (144) and playing with
> other
>> > font sizes in *Appearnce*, the systray icons are now stacked 2 high and
> seem
>> > very small (too small for my old eyes, anyway!)
>> > I would also like to make the Task Bar icons a bit bigger (but not
> huge).
>> >
>> > TIA

September 30, 2004 7:54:55 PM

Worn them for 20 years

Google ARMD

"Mike H" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Have you considered using reading glasses.. I have been doing this for
> some time now..
>

> "zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The icons in the notification area cannot be enlarged.
>>
>> *Cannot*? Oh super! :-(((
>>
>> The quicklaunch icons can however be enlarged. Unlock the taskbar
>>> by right-clicking on an empty spot and unchecking "Lock the taskbar".
>>> Now
>> right-click on a blank spot in the quicklaunch
>>> bar and point to view and select "large icons".
>>
>> I tried that, hence the *not huge* comment.
>> Sorry, I should have made that clear
>>
>> thanks for trying
>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Anando
>>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>>> http://aspnet2.com/mvp.ashx?AnandoChatterjee
>>>
>>> Folder customizations
>>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>>
>>> Protect your PC!
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>>

>>> "zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> other
>> seem
>> huge).

September 30, 2004 7:54:56 PM

Well, Zulu, I know what you mean. Short of buying a 51" LCD display....!!
;-) There's always the Magnifier
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/windowsxp/magn...

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
> Worn them for 20 years
>
> Google ARMD
>

> "Mike H" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Have you considered using reading glasses.. I have been doing this for
>> some time now..
>>

>> "zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message

>>> *Cannot*? Oh super! :-(((
>>>
>>> The quicklaunch icons can however be enlarged. Unlock the taskbar
>>> right-click on a blank spot in the quicklaunch
>>>
>>> I tried that, hence the *not huge* comment.
>>> Sorry, I should have made that clear
>>>
>>> thanks for trying

>>> other
>>> seem
>>> huge).

September 30, 2004 10:31:39 PM

Magnifier is horrible, IMHO...

The notofication area icons are DEFINITELY smaller than they should be, they
measure 5mm x 5mm on a 19 inch screen @ 1024 x 768.

I also can't see the flashing cursor that shows me where to type. How can I
make it much thicker (c 2mm)?

news:o xf4ClwpEHA.1576@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

!