will I ever be able to view my minutes used?

I just switched to Cingular, and my first billing period was 6/1-6/7. I can
view my minutes used for that period on the web site. However, my regular
billing cycle would be 6/8-7/8. The minutes used for that period STILL
aren't available, and neither are my stats for the new period that we're 2
days into?

Is this normal?

thanks

jb
6 answers Last reply
More about will view minutes used

    yup, it's called growing pains. If you OLAM doesn't update you might
    try the *646# from your phone. Since you are at the end of a billing
    cycle you wont be able to see minutes used until your bill is
    available. If you notice the fine print on the minutes detials, it
    says they can take a while to show up. long distance and roaming even
    says up to 90 days. You don't have a minute log on the phone?

    --
    troyboy30

    yea and? Who doesn't have all anytime minutes, nights and weekends and
    m2m? There are actually people who still have to worry about peak and
    off peak? The detail log on olam doesn't show peak and off peak either.
    Heck my OLAM doesn't even show me how many texts I have used during
    thebilling period, I have to wait for the bill. Not that it matters to
    me, I just use it when I want! Maybe thats why i had 1800 texts last
    month! lol

    --
    troyboy30

    In <troyboy30.1rzuj0@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> on Mon, 11 Jul 2005 02:14:30
    -0500, troyboy30 <troyboy30.1rzuj0@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

    >yup, it's called growing pains. If you OLAM doesn't update you might
    >try the *646# from your phone. Since you are at the end of a billing
    >cycle you wont be able to see minutes used until your bill is
    >available. If you notice the fine print on the minutes detials, it
    >says they can take a while to show up. long distance and roaming even
    >says up to 90 days. You don't have a minute log on the phone?

    The minute log on the phone doesn't distinguish between peak minutes, off-peak
    minutes, and no-charge calls.

    On the phone, 10 30 second calls will shows as 5 minutes but Cingular will
    show it as 10 minutes. (partial minutes are counted as one)

    "JB" <jb_responses@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I just switched to Cingular, and my first billing period was 6/1-6/7. I can
    > view my minutes used for that period on the web site. However, my regular
    > billing cycle would be 6/8-7/8. The minutes used for that period STILL
    > aren't available, and neither are my stats for the new period that we're 2
    > days into?
    >
    > Is this normal?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > jb

    For current billing cycle "minutes used" dial *646# <send>. A text message
    will be sent giving minutes (day/nw/m2m). If minutes were used while in
    another carrier's market (non-cingular), minutes may not show up for some
    time, so the *646# may not be accurate.

    Mark

    have you tried *646# in the last few days? I'm in the same boat as he
    is. Nothing has updated on olam or the 646 since the 1st. Also info
    you recieve on either is different per market. For example, some may
    see a breakdown of m2m, roam, etc, minutes and some wont. Some are
    able to see how many sms and mms they have used so far and some, like
    me, cant! lol maybe some day we will all have the same features.

    as far as the phone minute conter, it was just a way for him to have a
    ballpark number of what he's used. i for one, use it and don't worry
    about it. I don't have a landline so if i need to call, i need to call!
    lol

    --
    troyboy30

Cingular Internet Service Providers