will I ever be able to view my minutes used?

JB

I just switched to Cingular, and my first billing period was 6/1-6/7. I can
view my minutes used for that period on the web site. However, my regular
billing cycle would be 6/8-7/8. The minutes used for that period STILL
aren't available, and neither are my stats for the new period that we're 2
days into?

Is this normal?

thanks

jb

yup, it's called growing pains. If you OLAM doesn't update you might
try the *646# from your phone. Since you are at the end of a billing
cycle you wont be able to see minutes used until your bill is
available. If you notice the fine print on the minutes detials, it
says they can take a while to show up. long distance and roaming even
says up to 90 days. You don't have a minute log on the phone?

--
troyboy30

yea and? Who doesn't have all anytime minutes, nights and weekends and
m2m? There are actually people who still have to worry about peak and
off peak? The detail log on olam doesn't show peak and off peak either.
Heck my OLAM doesn't even show me how many texts I have used during
thebilling period, I have to wait for the bill. Not that it matters to
me, I just use it when I want! Maybe thats why i had 1800 texts last
month! lol

--
troyboy30

In <troyboy30.1rzuj0@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> on Mon, 11 Jul 2005 02:14:30
-0500, troyboy30 <troyboy30.1rzuj0@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>yup, it's called growing pains. If you OLAM doesn't update you might
>try the *646# from your phone. Since you are at the end of a billing
>cycle you wont be able to see minutes used until your bill is
>available. If you notice the fine print on the minutes detials, it
>says they can take a while to show up. long distance and roaming even
>says up to 90 days. You don't have a minute log on the phone?

The minute log on the phone doesn't distinguish between peak minutes, off-peak
minutes, and no-charge calls.

On the phone, 10 30 second calls will shows as 5 minutes but Cingular will
show it as 10 minutes. (partial minutes are counted as one)

"JB" <jb_responses@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just switched to Cingular, and my first billing period was 6/1-6/7. I can
> view my minutes used for that period on the web site. However, my regular
> billing cycle would be 6/8-7/8. The minutes used for that period STILL
> aren't available, and neither are my stats for the new period that we're 2
> days into?
>
> Is this normal?
>
> thanks
>
> jb

For current billing cycle "minutes used" dial *646# <send>. A text message
will be sent giving minutes (day/nw/m2m). If minutes were used while in
another carrier's market (non-cingular), minutes may not show up for some
time, so the *646# may not be accurate.

Mark

have you tried *646# in the last few days? I'm in the same boat as he
is. Nothing has updated on olam or the 646 since the 1st. Also info
you recieve on either is different per market. For example, some may
see a breakdown of m2m, roam, etc, minutes and some wont. Some are
able to see how many sms and mms they have used so far and some, like
me, cant! lol maybe some day we will all have the same features.

as far as the phone minute conter, it was just a way for him to have a
ballpark number of what he's used. i for one, use it and don't worry
about it. I don't have a landline so if i need to call, i need to call!
lol

--
troyboy30