Sign in with
Your question

CUSTOM PC BUILDS??

Last response: in Systems
February 23, 2012 9:38:30 AM

hey guys, i've recently become interested and tired of running games on a bad laptop that only has 1.3ghz processor...
i have money to spare, but not more than around 1500-1800 USD but the cheaper the better, im not exactly the best with these things, but i have done my research and is thinking this setup.

graphics card-EVGA 580gtx

power supply- no brand preferred but around 750w

processor- either intel i5 2500k or i7 2600k

case-cooler master haf 92 (full tower)

motherboard-no brand preferred but good ones

RAM- kingston 8 gig

internal memory- no brand preferred but 1TB will be best

and other parts such as fans, im not sure if it is called haf 92 but i think that is it. i have chosen the full tower since i can upgrade easily, im looking for a system that can run high end games on high resolution as well as media such as making flash, java coding etc.

for cooling i prefer to keep it fan and not liquid cooling. Any help from people who knows better than me and parts recommendation would be appreciated. Thanks.

More about : custom builds

February 23, 2012 10:06:16 AM

the HD 7970 is faster than the 580GTX , so i would recomment u go for the 7970

2500K if ur main concern is gaming , since hyperthreading is the only main difference between 2500 & 2600 , and it's not utulized in most games

PowerSuply 750W EnermaX or SilverStone would be Good Enough

MB , Z68-Deluxe or a MAXIMUS if u have money to spare

RAM Gskill RipJaws CL8 1600 8G should be enough

an SSD if u can ( Agility 3 OCZ ) if not then 1 TB Western

a Corsair H100 as CPU cooling or a Noctua D14
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
February 23, 2012 11:33:00 AM

PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
7950 for sure, if not 7970. See how the cost works out. I'd rather see a 7950 with an SSD than a 7970 without one.
The mobo should probably be a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3.
The HAF 912, which is what it's called, should work out well.
February 23, 2012 11:59:49 AM

zionman said:
hey guys, i've recently become interested and tired of running games on a bad laptop that only has 1.3ghz processor...
i have money to spare, but not more than around 1500-1800 USD but the cheaper the better, im not exactly the best with these things, but i have done my research and is thinking this setup.

graphics card-EVGA 580gtx

power supply- no brand preferred but around 750w

processor- either intel i5 2500k or i7 2600k

case-cooler master haf 92 (full tower)

motherboard-no brand preferred but good ones

RAM- kingston 8 gig

internal memory- no brand preferred but 1TB will be best

and other parts such as fans, im not sure if it is called haf 92 but i think that is it. i have chosen the full tower since i can upgrade easily, im looking for a system that can run high end games on high resolution as well as media such as making flash, java coding etc.

for cooling i prefer to keep it fan and not liquid cooling. Any help from people who knows better than me and parts recommendation would be appreciated. Thanks.

General recommendations:
1) For mobo stick with ASUS or Gigabyte. I like ASUS for the BIOS GUI and utilities it provides for overclocking and monitoring.
2) +1 on the 2500k.
3) Air cooling is fine up to a 4.5ghz overclock. The Hyper 212 is a popular choice and under $30.
4) PSU, stick to Corsair, Antec, or OCX. Don't skimp on your PSU. 550w-650w is plenty for a single GPU.
!