Sending email with Motorola v551

Last response: in Technologies
May 9, 2005 1:14:29 AM

I recently upgraded to a new Motorola v551 GSM phone. My previous
phone was a Nokia 6340i GAIT phone. With the GAIT phone I was able to
send an email without problems, however, with the v551,it requires all
of the settings, like servers and such, and I am not sure about them.
It even has an option to use different email providers, like Yahoo,
etc. However, with my previous phone I didn't have to go through all
of that setup, I just entered the email address and message pushed
send and it would go. My provider all of this time has been Cingular.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, are Nokias better in this
department (i.e.: when it comes to sending email, etc.?)

ksmith56@yahoo.com
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 7:31:18 AM

On Sun, 08 May 2005 21:14:29 -0500, Korey Smith wrote:

> I recently upgraded to a new Motorola v551 GSM phone. My previous phone
> was a Nokia 6340i GAIT phone. With the GAIT phone I was able to send an
> email without problems, however, with the v551,it requires all of the
> settings, like servers and such, and I am not sure about them. It even has
> an option to use different email providers, like Yahoo, etc. However,
> with my previous phone I didn't have to go through all of that setup, I
> just entered the email address and message pushed send and it would go.
> My provider all of this time has been Cingular.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, are Nokias better in this
> department (i.e.: when it comes to sending email, etc.?)
>
> ksmith56@yahoo.com

Could it be that when you bought the Nokia that someone configured it for
you? Maybe at the store?
!