Inspiron 530 regular tower silver color graphics card suggestion!!

I have dell inspiron 530 regular tower. I like to change my graphic card. but im not sure what's good for me.

I have core 2 quad cpu, 3gb ram, 350w psu.

my current graphic card stop working correctly, I think i have radeon 2600xt. if i do anything that requires just a little bit graphic (such as play a movies, run a cs gam), the screen would turn black. and I have to restart.

please help me find what's wrong and what's a good graphic card for me!!!
3 answers Last reply
More about inspiron regular tower silver color graphics card suggestion
  1. It looks like your graphic is trying to tell you something The highest card would be on the Nvidia side would be a GT 520 do to the size and the brand of your power supply. I don't know what the ATI card size would be. Hope this helps a little and happy holidays
  2. The graphic card I put in there worked for like 1 year, then it stopped working. I googled gt520 and there are a lot of choices, I'm not sure which one I can use. does ddr matter? all I saw is ddr3 cards. what about "PCI express" "low profile"? what does it mean?
  3. DDr 5 is what you are looking for. The PCIe x 16 is what you put the graphic card in. Low profile is instead of the card being about 5 in tall it is about 2.5 in tall they are for cases that are slim line in order for them to fit. hope this helps
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dell Inspiron Inspiron Graphics