Closed Solved

500$ Budget Gaming Computer

Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime around next week.

Budget Range: $500

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming(Atleast steady 30 FPS), Youtube!!, Web browsing.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, speakers, OS, and Optical Drive, all not needed. I have Windows 7 Professional x64.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Amazon

Country: United States, VA

Parts Preferences: Have only built one computer(in Signature) and its an Nvidia and Intel Build, but am open to AMD solutions if they work better in this budget range.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: Probably 1920:1080.

Additional Comments: This is for my 13 year old sister & i would like to have a bit of future upgrade room.

*
My current favorite suggestion (Thanks wasupmike & Pezcore27). *Still looking for suggestions*

COOLER MASTER HAF 912: $60
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6811119233

Antec VP-450 450W ATX 12V v2.3 Power Supply - 39.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6817371045

ASRock H61M/U3S3 LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - 69.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6813157236

Intel Core i3-2120 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor & LG DVD Burner Combo - 134.98
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Comb [...] mbo.822344

G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory - 22.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820231396

SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity - 149.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6814102908

Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - 84.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6822148767

TOTAL: $562.92 (before 15.00 MIR from vid card, shipping not included)
*
24 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about budget gaming computer
  1. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233
    - COOLER MASTER HAF 912: $60

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026
    - CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2: $45

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151244
    - SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner 22X: $16

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148767
    - Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM: $85

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131724
    - ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM (REV 3.0): $75

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116397
    - Intel Pentium G850 Sandy Bridge 2.9GHz: $88

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146748
    - Mushkin Enhanced Essentials 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333: $22

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125410
    - GIGABYTE GV-N550D5-1GI GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB: $120

    or

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161377
    - HIS H679F1GD Radeon HD 6790 1GB: $125

    TOTAL: $511 / $516
  2. wasupmike said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233
    - COOLER MASTER HAF 912: $60

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026
    - CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2: $45

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151244
    - SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner 22X: $16

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148767
    - Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM: $85

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131724
    - ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM (REV 3.0): $75

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116397
    - Intel Pentium G850 Sandy Bridge 2.9GHz: $88

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146748
    - Mushkin Enhanced Essentials 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333: $22

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125410
    - GIGABYTE GV-N550D5-1GI GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB: $120

    or

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161377
    - HIS H679F1GD Radeon HD 6790 1GB: $125

    TOTAL: $511 / $516


    This is pretty close to what i was thinking of, but i forgot to say i don't need a DVD Burner, i have a LITE-ON one. And ill probably use that extra 16$ in your build to change the Processor too the Intel Core i3-2100 for 124.99$. That would bring me to just less than 550$ which im ok with. Does that sound like a decent upgrade? and Thanks.

    Any Other ideas people?
  3. My suggestion: go for an HD 6790 ($125) over the GT 550ti.
  4. ScrewySqrl said:
    My suggestion: go for an HD 6790 ($125) over the GT 550ti.

    Can you explain why you suggest this, cause ive never had an ATI Video card, what are the Pros over a 550ti?
  5. simple: the 6970 is a better card:

    Its more fps in almost every game over the 550ti.
  6. ScrewySqrl said:
    simple: the 6970 is a better card:

    Its more fps in almost every game over the 550ti.


    Ok, thanks for the info, i am considering it ATM.

    Does anyone else have any build ideas or changes to the current idea?
  7. if you can save on the DVD burner - than ya - go for the i3-2100 instead

    and the 6790 is slightly better than the 550ti (also you might need a 500w PSU for it too)

    so if you don't mind hitting the $550 mark - go for the i3-2100 and the 6790 with this PSU:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371030
    - Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W: $60
  8. Luckster said:
    Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime around next week.

    Budget Range: $500

    System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming(Atleast steady 30 FPS), Youtube!!, Web browsing.

    Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, speakers, OS, and Optical Drive, all not needed. I have Windows 7 Professional x64.

    Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Amazon

    Country: United States, VA

    Parts Preferences: Have only built one computer(in Signature) and its an Nvidia and Intel Build, but am open to AMD solutions if they work better in this budget range.

    Overclocking: No

    SLI or Crossfire: No

    Monitor Resolution: Probably 1920:1080.

    Additional Comments: This is for my 13 year old sister & i would like to have a bit of future upgrade room.



    Take a look at this:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL022112&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL022112-_-EMC-022112-T-_-InternalHardDrives-_-22148840-L0A

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811208041

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128538

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231422

    http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0354589
  9. Luckster said:
    Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime around next week.

    Budget Range: $500

    System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming(Atleast steady 30 FPS), Youtube!!, Web browsing.

    Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, speakers, OS, and Optical Drive, all not needed. I have Windows 7 Professional x64.

    Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Amazon

    Country: United States, VA

    Parts Preferences: Have only built one computer(in Signature) and its an Nvidia and Intel Build, but am open to AMD solutions if they work better in this budget range.

    Overclocking: No

    SLI or Crossfire: No

    Monitor Resolution: Probably 1920:1080.

    Additional Comments: This is for my 13 year old sister & i would like to have a bit of future upgrade room.

    *
    My current favorite suggestion (Thanks wasupmike). *Still looking for suggestions*

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6811119233
    - COOLER MASTER HAF 912: $60

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6817139026
    - CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2: $45

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6822148767
    - Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM: $85

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6813131724
    - ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM (REV 3.0): $75

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115078
    - Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155: $124.99

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820146748
    - Mushkin Enhanced Essentials 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333: $22

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6814125410
    - GIGABYTE GV-N550D5-1GI GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB: $120

    or

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6814161377
    - HIS H679F1GD Radeon HD 6790 1GB: $125

    TOTAL: $548(550 ti) / $553(HD 6790)
    *



    Total $480.95

    The Integrated GPU Intel HD 3000 is amazing, your sister can stiil use this while saving some money for Video card upgrade in the future. This is a built in GPU inside the i5 2500K with core clock of 850 MHZ.
  10. Yeah, the HD 3000 is amazing if you compare it to 8 year old GPUs.
  11. FinneousPJ said:
    Yeah, the HD 3000 is amazing if you compare it to 8 year old GPUs.



    Men read what the OP said he will not use this PC for gaming, his little sister will just use this for surfing the net and watching videos on youtube. Aside from that he is on tight budget.
  12. aqe040466 said:
    Men read what the OP said he will not use this PC for gaming, his little sister will just use this for surfing the net and watching videos on youtube. Aside from that he is on tight budget.


    "System Usage from MOST to Least Important: GAMING (At least steady 30 FPS), Youtube!!, Web browsing."
  13. Best answer
    Since you are willing to go to 550 (your 6790 build has a total price of 553) I can get you a much better video card and faster processor for only $5 more.

    Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - 54.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153

    Antec VP-450 450W ATX 12V v2.3 Power Supply - 39.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371045

    ASRock H61M/U3S3 LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - 69.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157236

    Intel Core i3-2120 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor & LG DVD Burner Combo - 134.98
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.822344

    G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory - 22.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231396

    SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity - 149.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908

    Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - 84.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148767

    TOTAL: $557.92 (before 15.00 MIR from vid card, shipping not included)
  14. Pezcore27 said:
    Since you are willing to go to 550 (your 6790 build has a total price of 553) I can get you a much better video card and faster processor for only $5 more.

    Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - 54.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153

    Antec VP-450 450W ATX 12V v2.3 Power Supply - 39.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371045

    ASRock H61M/U3S3 LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - 69.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157236

    Intel Core i3-2120 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor & LG DVD Burner Combo - 134.98
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.822344

    G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory - 22.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231396

    SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity - 149.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908

    Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - 84.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148767

    TOTAL: $557.92 (before 15.00 MIR from vid card, shipping not included)


    Right now im liking this:
    COOLER MASTER HAF 912: $60
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6811119233

    Antec VP-450 450W ATX 12V v2.3 Power Supply - 39.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6817371045

    ASRock H61M/U3S3 LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - 69.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6813157236

    Intel Core i3-2120 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor & LG DVD Burner Combo - 134.98
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Comb [...] mbo.822344

    G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory - 22.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820231396

    SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity - 149.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6814102908

    Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - 84.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6822148767

    TOTAL: $562.92 (before 15.00 MIR from vid card, shipping not included)

    I just switched the Rosewill case for the CoolerMaster case. Still accepting other suggestions.
  15. Looks good to me.
  16. If this build is for bare minimum gaming, like source games or flash games. Then a 6770 will utterly destroy them. it will be very playable at a decent resolution, it is a great card, especially the xfx one. The i3 will be fine, but if you want to save 10 bucks, the fx processor is pretty much the same performance as shown in toms newest article. Other than that you look all set.
  17. the_creed4 said:
    If this build is for bare minimum gaming, like source games or flash games. Then a 6770 will utterly destroy them. it will be very playable at a decent resolution, it is a great card, especially the xfx one. The i3 will be fine, but if you want to save 10 bucks, the fx processor is pretty much the same performance as shown in toms newest article. Other than that you look all set.


    Atm, my little sister only plays the Sims, and is trying to Learn League of Legends which is what i play. But she also wants to play WoW, and other MMORPGS. I can see her becoming an avid gamer.

    But can you explain from the bold quote area? I got a little confused.
  18. It also looks like you're eligible for promo codes:
    EMCNHHG24
    HARDOCPX222B
    antc15
  19. EJBusch said:
    It also looks like you're eligible for promo codes:
    EMCNHHG24
    HARDOCPX222B
    antc15


    Thanks will look into those! Really THANKS!
  20. most MMORPGs can run on a 200GT GeForce nVidia card which is about 3-5 years old so you would be able to lower the graphics card rating if that is causing a problem with the budget as that high of graphics processing is a waste for most of what you say she will be doing including gaming. The i3-2100 saddly cannot be OCed but it is good as is for most things. I would suggest 8GB of DDR3 because newer versions of games browser, download, and disc games are starting to use more then the older ones plus RAM right now is cheap. With that 8GB of DDR3 1333 or DDR3 1600 will put a good amount of head room for her if she ever has alot of programs open at a single time instead of the software slowing down to cope with the load. DO NOT PERFORMANCE TEST IT. Performance testing degrades the lifespan of it by a lot especially on lower end hardware.
  21. yumri4 said:
    DO NOT PERFORMANCE TEST IT. Performance testing degrades the lifespan of it by a lot especially on lower end hardware.

    Citation needed :P
  22. it does

    Prime 95 for 24 hours tortures a CPU, equal to 3 months of regular use of the CPU.

    if you aren't overclocking, there's no real need for performance testing.
  23. Best answer selected by Luckster.
  24. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product