G

Hello. Just recently I realised I didn't have my turbo monitor installed, and went ahead and installed it. Then I realised - oh :pt1cable:, actually, wheres my turbo service gone anyways?

I've not had it appear for around six months now that I think of it - its not in msconfig at all. How can I get it to work again? I checked BIOS, and it is enabled there, but apparently nothings happening on my OS side or something..? (i7 950 @3,07gHz, never clocked, never will.

Had it installed for me, and it did work back then, but since then I've changed hard drive & such, and somewhere in time my processor has lost the turbo, apparently.

So, what to do? Install some utility program, or what?

G

Apparently I cant edit my post. I tried stressing my processor, no signs of turbo on turbo monitor, and incase not obvious enough, no signs of turbo or such on task manager either (not sure if supposed to be either..)

Turbo is a hardware thing as far as I've ever known. You shouldn't NEED any software to enable it I don't think. I just did a Google search to be sure, but I can't find anything stating that a driver or service was needed to enable Turbo on first gen Core CPU's.

G

If thats so, I wonder whats causing my problem then, or is it seriously just a matter of me not being able to stress my CPU enough (I mean, its not been a bottleneck, just bothers me..)

Ah well, thanks for the reply, I'll check again in the morning and see if there any other thoughts on the matter.