PLEASE HELP ME!!! Why is my graphics card running over 100 F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geeksire

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
What is up everybody and Happy Holidays! I am just built my computer today and everything seems working: the monitor is working, the software is working, and basically everything from my monitor is sounding beautifully quiet but there is something wrong! I was curious to know what the temperature of my Graphics Card was so I checked with a software that Windows 7 has (a gadget) to see the temperature but the thing is, it came out to 110 F!!!! WTF!?!? I checked again on Guru with their specific software to check my GPU and it says the same thing.

What could possibly be wrong guys? Did I route the wrong cable? By the way, my graphics card is a AMD Sapphire 6950. (I have even researched and the graphics card should, at least, max out at 70 F. Please help me!

Max out at 70F ?
70 F is about 21c, you ain't gonna idle that low unless you're in the Arctic.

striker410

Distinguished
110F is not hot. Not at all. 110F is around 43c which is actually quite cool. Your card is running wonderfully. If it's 110c that's a different matter.

Your card was designed to run at high temperatures, up to 100c (not ideal at all though) You really don't have to worry about the heat of the card unless you reach 60-70c. 43c max is quite decent!

Status
Not open for further replies.