SMS between Orange Israel and Vodafone Spain

Last response: in Technologies
May 9, 2005 10:02:27 AM

Hello,
I am trying to receive SMS on Vodafone mobile in Spain, from a friend
in Israel with Orange(Partner) mobile.
I can send him sms and he receives it without any problem. But I cannot
get any SMS from him. When calling to Orange in Israel, they say that
vodafone block the SMS from Orange in Israel.
When calling Vodafone in Spain, they say they don´t have agreement or
that it should work.

Does anybody have a clue, why it doesn t work? And how I can bypass the
problem.

Thank you

Aron
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 2:03:45 PM

With Amena it works.
But why does it work 1 way and the other way not?
May 9, 2005 6:53:34 PM

On 9 May 2005 06:02:27 -0700, awahl@yahoo.com wrote:
>Hello,
>I am trying to receive SMS on Vodafone mobile in Spain, from a friend
>in Israel with Orange(Partner) mobile.
>I can send him sms and he receives it without any problem. But I cannot
>get any SMS from him. When calling to Orange in Israel, they say that
>vodafone block the SMS from Orange in Israel.
>When calling Vodafone in Spain, they say they don´t have agreement or
>that it should work.
>
>Does anybody have a clue, why it doesn t work? And how I can bypass the
>problem.

It's Vodafone blocking incoming SMSs from all nets without an
interconnection agreement. You can't really circumvent the problem.

You could try using another net in Spain (Amena or Movistar), just for
testing if it works.

--
http://borgus.net ---- http://osbymikro.tk

On 9 May 2005 10:03:45 -0700, awahl@yahoo.com wrote:
>With Amena it works.
>But why does it work 1 way and the other way not?

Same answer as always, MONEY

Vodafone gets money from customers sending SMSs, but not from Orange
Israel for transporting their SMSs through Vodafone net.

--
!