change drive name

1. Open XP's extraordinary "Help and Support Center".
2. In the Search box type: Change Drive Letters , and hit enter.
3. Click on: "Assign, change, or remove a drive letter".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Steve" wrote:

| How can i change the drive names of my cd drives from
| drive D and E to Drives M and N

Hi

Try this:

From Start>Run type

diskmgmt.msc

then right click on the appropriate drive and select 'Change Drive Letter
and Paths...'.

Have look in the Disk Management help file as well.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can i change the drive names of my cd drives from
> drive D and E to Drives M and N

Carol

1. Right-click My Computer.
2. Choose Manage.
3. Click Disk Management.
4. Right-click the drive you want to rename.
5. Select Change Drive Letter or Path.
6. Select your new drive letter.
You cannot change a drive letter to a drive letter that
already exists, and you cannot change your boot drive.