Not open for further replies.

Spacekiwi

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
My computers specs are:
4x inel core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT
2x 2GB DDR3 ram
460W coolermaster power supply (http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=3686)
I would like to upgrade my video card and am not sure which one I should get. I was looking at a Nvidia GTX 560 or something around that price range. (I'm from NZ so thought I would use that because I don't know cost in USD)

Will that give me any noticeable increase in performance while gaming (at the moment I have to turn resolution and some settings down on games like skyrim etc.)

Also how involved in the installation process? is it just a matter of removing the old video card replacing and installing drivers or is a a lot of work?

Thanks in advance for any help offered

Solution
you have 36amps on the 12v rail. I think you should be okay the way things sit. For me, normally I strive for more power but I think you'll be fine. Don't sweat it. The 560 or something in the same range will totally blow the 9500 away and be a grand addition to your machine.

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Yes, it is worth it upgrading from your 9500GT. A GTX 560 or HD 6870 will do you wonders in gaming. You should just make sure you have a *quality* at least 450W power supply, or get one if you don't.

Spacekiwi

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

I really don't know too much about this, 'chance it' meaning I might run into problems? I wont be over clocking but I really do not want any problems

you have 36amps on the 12v rail. I think you should be okay the way things sit. For me, normally I strive for more power but I think you'll be fine. Don't sweat it. The 560 or something in the same range will totally blow the 9500 away and be a grand addition to your machine.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.