$600 Gaming Build

AmithV

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Im on a tight budget & really need to get a gaming rig within the mentioned rate.

Approximate Purchase Date: In a week or so.

Budget Range: 550-600 $ (After Rebates)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Video editing , Gaming & Surfing the net (System will be running 24/7 since i host as a server in Counter-Strike 1.6 at night)

Parts Not Required: Monitor(Dell 20" LED) , Case(Cooler Master HAF) , Keyboard(Razer Blackwidow) , Mouse(Razer Deathadder) , Speaker/Headphones & HDD(1TB segate).

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Im thinking of buying it in the local , if the princing are high i'll be buying at here http://www.flipkart.com/

Parts Preferences: I'll be going for Intel i5 processor & no AMD(coz i donno that much about AMD processors & i seriously doubt that i can find a AMD supplier , since in come from a remote place)

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: 1600x900

Additional Comments: I need a GPU included in this build , since im selling the old one to SLI it.

AmithV

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Yeah , there are couple of stores near my place , but according to the above mentioned price they say an extra 30-40$.. So the overall rate would exceed $650+ !!!

g-unit1111

Titan

Is there another store that would be significantly cheaper? On a $600 budget it helps to get the most bang-for-your-buck and knowing local availability is very helpful in determining that. I'm in the US so I had to use my currency conversion tool to look up the exchange rates and I realized I went way over $600. :lol:

neal0790

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Alot of stores will price match newegg and tiger direct so take that into consideration. When i built my rig i went into microcenter with a full list and bought everything i could there, price matching newegg. Saved something like $300, $150 alone on my graphics card. If your spending a decent amount of money places shouldnt have an problem price matching. Microcenter didnt want to price match my graphics card and with $600 worth of stuff already in my cart i said i will just leave and buy everything from newegg. They changed there tone real quick..haha. I had to pay taxes but i still made out like a bandit considering the price they wanted to charge.

g-unit1111

Titan

OP is in India so neither of those will work as options.