partial photo prints

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
May 31, 2005 12:40:38 PM

Problems encountered while trying to print color photos over the
network:

Photos taken at various times using different cameras and settings.
Printing to a networked HP Laserjet 4500n (Color Laserjet) using
microsoft XP "photo printing wizard".

About an inch of each photo prints, then nothing. If I print 4 photos
to a page, I get 4 one inch bars to a page. I have tried reinstalling
the driver, using a different computer (HP, Compaq, MPC), and printing
different photos (different resolutions).

I realize this is sort of a vague problem, but if you ask a question, I
can give you more info.

Eric

More about : partial photo prints

Anonymous
a b α HP
May 31, 2005 4:19:45 PM

On 31 May 2005 08:40:38 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "Eric"
<e.shipman@oakcreek.k12.wi.us> wrote:

>Problems encountered while trying to print color photos over the
>network:
>
>Photos taken at various times using different cameras and settings.
>Printing to a networked HP Laserjet 4500n (Color Laserjet) using
>microsoft XP "photo printing wizard".
>
>About an inch of each photo prints, then nothing. If I print 4 photos
>to a page, I get 4 one inch bars to a page. I have tried reinstalling
>the driver, using a different computer (HP, Compaq, MPC), and printing
>different photos (different resolutions).
>
>I realize this is sort of a vague problem, but if you ask a question, I
>can give you more info.

What are the printing preferences? How much memory is in the printer?
Can you print a full page photo from another application?
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 31, 2005 7:50:28 PM

Eric wrote:
> Problems encountered while trying to print color photos over the
> network:
>
> Photos taken at various times using different cameras and settings.
> Printing to a networked HP Laserjet 4500n (Color Laserjet) using
> microsoft XP "photo printing wizard".
>
> About an inch of each photo prints, then nothing. If I print 4 photos
> to a page, I get 4 one inch bars to a page. I have tried reinstalling
> the driver, using a different computer (HP, Compaq, MPC), and printing
> different photos (different resolutions).
>
> I realize this is sort of a vague problem, but if you ask a question,
> I can give you more info.
>
> Eric

You may want to check out a news group devoted to the printer or the
program you are using to print the images.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
a b α HP
May 31, 2005 9:11:10 PM

What you are describing often happens with laser printers if the size of the
image file is too large to be held in printer memory.
Sometimes the problem can be solved just by lowering the dpi of the image to
be printed, but this requires a photo program able to do this resampling (PS
or PSE, PSP, Photopaint).
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 1, 2005 12:56:20 PM

In article <1117554038.718129.316230@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
e.shipman@oakcreek.k12.wi.us says...
> Problems encountered while trying to print color photos over the
> network:
>
> Photos taken at various times using different cameras and settings.
> Printing to a networked HP Laserjet 4500n (Color Laserjet) using
> microsoft XP "photo printing wizard".
>
> About an inch of each photo prints, then nothing. If I print 4 photos
> to a page, I get 4 one inch bars to a page. I have tried reinstalling
> the driver, using a different computer (HP, Compaq, MPC), and printing
> different photos (different resolutions).
>
> I realize this is sort of a vague problem, but if you ask a question, I
> can give you more info.
>
> Eric

Check the disk space on the drive that holds your print spool file. If
you don't have enough free space you will get a cutoff print. For a
fullsize image you may need a 50-100 meg.

--
Robert D Feinman
http://robertdfeinman.com