Output device installed but there is no sound

skyflex

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
i have rampage 4 extreme motherboard, i recently completed building my pc and finished all the driver updates and window updates. but when the only problem is there is no sound, although it says in the device manager that the device is working properly im not getting any sound off my speakers (speakers are plugged in a 3.5mm green jack at the back of the pc) and not even a sound either in my earphones (plugged in the 3.5mm jack at the front). dont know whats causing this problem, i tried the speakers in another computer and its working just fine, as well as my earphones too.. if anyone knows this sort of problem and knows how to fix this, please do help me.. :(

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Well since its a actual mobo sound problem to I think that it might be a driver issue or something of that nature. I know you said you installed everything but im just throwing ideas out. If its not a driver issue it could be a defective part on the mobo.

the device manager that the device is working properly im not getting any sound off my speakers (speakers are plugged in a 3.5mm green jack at the back of the pc) and not even a sound either in my earphones (plugged in the 3.5mm jack at the front). dont know whats causing this problem, i tried the speakers in another computer and its working just fine, as well as my earphones too.. if anyone knows this sort of problem and knows how to fix this, please do help me.. :([/quotemsg]

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
No I wouldnt buy a sound card. If your drivers are up to date and everything is plugged in right, then I would say its something defective with your mobo and would RMA it.

popatim

Titan
You only said you ran driver update so I'm assuming only MS & Intel stuff got updated. You need to install the realtek sound drivers after making sure the realtek soundcard is enabled in the bios. What your seeing is probably the HD sound which is output via optical or hdmi.