My pc is freezing occassionally!help!

static compiler

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
My 2nd pc has a core i5-750,dp55wbmobo,4gb ddr3,nvidia 9400gt and it is equipped with 400watt psu,....but from the beginning it freezes when it's idle.generally if workload is not so much, it freezes(i.e.microsoft word)and i have to restart my pc...is this problem caused by psu?but if i keep it busy in gaming then it never freezes.again when i start my pc,hit the power button,the light only glows,but no signal comes from pc.then i've to hit the reset button once or twice and then it works.additionally my monitor power comes from cpu casing 's backward plug point(samsung b1930n).plz help me.any kinds of advice will be appreciated.

randomkid

Distinguished
As for the monitor power, it should not make any difference in stability even if it draws the power from the CPU's PSU because it is just direct AC connection. But in any case, try to plug the monitor straight to the wall socket just for safety.

For the freezing. Does it happen when totally idle i.e. no activity from you ( not touching the mouse at all ) or even if there are activity like editing work or any office document?

static compiler

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012

Yes when i don't even touch my mouse or i just edit a document it happens .again editing a document has been quite impossible.this freezing problem mostly happens in that time...

static compiler

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Hm,but actually they refer to not POSTing problems mainly.my pc POSTs quite correctly.is the problem somehow connected to power saving features or something like that which hangs up my pc,but can't wake up from that state?i mean software caused or settings caused malfunctioning.

static compiler

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012

Yes all of them are updated.and yes i tried to format my pc lots of time.but still no good..that's why i think these problems are hardware caused.