PC not working after cleaning

Viktoras

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have been cleaning my PC and I took it apart completely. Now that I put it back together it won't start. This is not the 1st time so I did check for possible bad power plug connection and right connection with the front panel and everything seems fine.
I am wondering if the problem could be in the CPU heatsink since it was my 1st time taking it off and I have Q6600 which means I those stupid push in pins. I broke two of them when I was putting it back on the CPU. So now the heatsink is loosely mounted on the CPU and is a bit crooked.
Sot when I press the power button the CPU and VGA fans start working and the Mobo light is on, but then the usual beep sound from mobo doesn't come and the whole PC just shuts down and starts up again repeating the process. There is no input to the monitor, not even BIOS. Please help me :(

QuietPC

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

I won;t ask why you felt compelled to take everything apart (including taking the cpu cooler off the cpu) to clean it. If the cpu cooler isn't in proper contact with the cpu with thermal paste it will overheat very fast and in so doing the system will shut down. Get a new heatsink, put good thermal paste on and carefully mount the new heatsink without breaking the pins. Broken pins or improperly locked will produce the same result.

Next time just use a can of air and blow things out and that is your cleaning.

It could also have to do with the RAM not being pushed in far enough. If it came a little loose during the removal process the computer may display similar symptoms.

That being said, it does sound like the broken CPU cooler thing is at least as likely.

DryTech

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
DryTech is an office cleaning company our workers are professionally trained in modern and effective office cleaning methods and techniques. Their office cleaning staff provides your company with a worry-free way of maintaining a professional atmosphere.
Office Cleaning Sydney

Looking for end of lease cleaning services in Sydney. Dry Tech will deep clean the inside of cabinets, drawers, the oven, the refrigerator and cleaning of all baseboards, doors, closets, window sills and inside windows.
End Of Lease Cleaning