What Video Card

What Graphics Card should I buy?

What Graphics Card should I buy ? for my Micro ATX A780L3L Motherboard With 450 Watt PSU .

I believe It supports PCI-E.

It will be going in MIDI Case CiT Venus.

The Game Requirements are very low in comparison to most but I want the best out of it > Video card with 64 megabytes of video RAM, such as Nvidia® GeForce™ 3 or above

I am unable to connect my PSU to the Graphics so it cannot be PSU dependant. ( Only Via MB )
I'll be using DVI output to HDMI

My other spec's in-case you require them are :

Processor : AMD ATHLON 11 X4 645
My Core speed is 3100.1 MHz
I have 8G of DDR3 Ram
1TB HD

I would really appreciate some help please !
11 answers Last reply
More about what video card
  1. What is the PSU Brand?
  2. It's a crappy Win Power 450W model.

I'd be open to upgrading however is't their cards that don't require dedicated wiring ?
  3. you could get an amd radeon hd 6770, do you have Molex, you can get an adapter which takes 2 Molex ends and turns it into a PCI-E 6 pin end
  4. Yup, got two Female molex .
  5. Thanks for the information ! Are you sure that'l fit the case ? and with it being Micro ATX ?
  6. OP if you don't need good GPU you can take 6570/6450 which probably get the power from the motherboard not the PSU.
  7. I've got good cooling anyway so the 6450 model is without Fan = No psu link ) Thanks for the suggestion ;) Oh and Merry Christmas !
  8. Welcome. good luck buying and installing :)
  9. idynamic said:
    I've got good cooling anyway so the 6450 model is without Fan = No psu link ) Thanks for the suggestion ;) Oh and Merry Christmas !

are you looking to game, coz 6450's arent gonna last very long at all :P.. well on higher settings that is
    and lemme pull out my ruler to measure the length of my 6770... and it dissapeared into the void as usual... lol
    but my eye measurements say ~15-20cm long, and fills the IO wide
  10. idynamic said:
    The Game Requirements are very low in comparison to most but I want the best out of it > Video card with 64 megabytes of video RAM, such as Nvidia® GeForce™ 3 or above

nna2, I don't think he needs a very good GPU
  11. I don't , but hey who says being overqualified for the job's a bad thing when it comes to graphics ? I'm looking into PSU's and The Cards now..
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics