Upgrading to i5 2400 !

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Hi

before i ask Questions , first look @ my Specs

MSI 790FX-GD70+Phenom955BE@stock+MSi twinfrozr II 6870+2x2GB 1333Mhz+685WattReal

& gaming Res is 1440x900

1. Upgrade to 7770 ( consider CPU bottleneck ) or i5 2400+Good Z68 Mainboard ? Which one will Give me more performance ?

I should mention that all games run So smooth , Maxpayne 3 , Crysis 2, BF3 & ... all Ran Maxedout

But i wanted to GIve My CPU to my Bro & buy my self a new One ! & since i had Little Issue With CRYSIS 1 ( little slow down to 30 FPS in some parts ) & Arma II ( when there's a tons of Units ) i donno Should i overally Buy new Rig with 7770 ?

or i5 2400 it self will solve those little slowdowns !!??

BOTTLENECK :
if Phenom 955BE can bottleneck even single card then why my Mainboard has 4waycrossfire Option ? ! Because i cant Understand why I Get 30FPS with that low Res ! Tried Lower Settings too ! But I read too many Topics N Forums about Phenom 955 Bottlenecking Xfire N SIngle High or Mid-end Cards setup ! thats why i wanna get rid of it & replace it with 2400 !

(((( Can you explain short about GPU N CPU bottleneck ? just in few words that whats the cause of it , Im little Noob so please explain it like your Saying it for a 10years old Kid :D ? ))))

Thanks alott:D

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
YAYA So sorry , i forgot to check Benchmarks of 7770 ! yestrday i saw it was more expensive & 1Ghz N i tought ...

By the Way i Cant Overclock & i wont ! i cant because my Phenom 955BE running Damn Hot right Now ! when im in the game i hardly can keep it around 60C ! without outside Cooler only god knows how high it will go !

Just Wanna FInd out Why phenom 955BE Bottlenecks ? sometimes Xfire setup . sometimes Single Fast card !

& DO i rly need to upgrade to i5 2400 ? Crysis is Just one game ! but it realy makes me feel theres a Bottleneck or Smthin !

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
is 60C normal for Stock Cooler ? 60C is Possible when I put Fan infront of Case !

& i was thinking of geting Notcua NH-D14 !

Many told me that phenom 955BE isnt that Good CPU for gaming !
High heat , Bottleneck , Being Old . I realy DOnt know ! maybe if i5 2400 were instead of it , things wd be better !

Yeah, I would say just stick with what you have right now, maybe save up for a better graphics card. The Phenom II isn't going to hold you back unless you plan on getting something really high end, like say 2 GTX 670s.

For Crysis at least, I know that the CPU is not the problem I own a 6870 myself, and running everything very high, no AA the game tends to fluctuate between 30 and 45FPS, with occasional dips below 30FPS under some circumstances. GPU is running at 100% the whole time. If you want better performance in Crysis, I'd say try to overclock your 6870 a bit and see how far you can get, that might help a bit.

I'm not sure about ARMA II, I would say get MSI Afterburner, and run the overlay that shows GPU usage while playing, see what it says when things slow down. If your GPU is at 100%, then the 6870 is holding you back. If the GPU is not at 100%, it could be your CPU, or it could be RAM, 4GB can be a bit tight for gaming if you ar running lots of stuff in the background, or playing a 64 bit capable game.

As said above, the 6870 is better than the 7770, at least out of the box. Some 7770s can be overclocked to match or slightly exceed the 6870, but it would be a sidegrade at best for you. If you wanted to get a new generation card from AMD, get a 7850 or 7870.

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
is 60C normal for Stock Cooler ? 60C is Possible when I put Fan infront of Case !

& i was thinking of geting Notcua NH-D14 !

Many told me that phenom 955BE isnt that Good CPU for gaming !
High heat , Bottleneck , Being Old . I realy DOnt know ! maybe if i5 2400 were instead of it , things wd be better !

60 celsius isn't a bad temperature for the stock cooler. It's below the 62 degree limit set by AMD for long term operations, so it is safe as long as you stay at stock clocks. If you really need more CPU horsepower, get an aftermarket cooler and overclock it. Though I guarantee you it won't do you much good for most games. The 6870 is what's going to hold back your performance 9 times out of 10.

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Oh Thx SuperNova ! Now I understood its Normal fact , however , Crysis Is Just one Game , Im so Happy All new games run Damn Gr8 ! Maxpayne 3 & BF 3 ran Like IGI :D !

So what can I do for my Bro's PC? his CPU is E2160 + P31 + 4Gb 800 ddr2 + 9600GT 1GB

I Feel CPU + Mainboard Upgrade for Him will DO the Trick ! he Doesnt Care About Details , just wanna Enjoy Smooth Gaming No matter on high or VeryHigh or ULTRA HIGH !

When We Co Op Saintsrow 3 , He Jumps In screen on my Monitor & for him its like i jump in screen !Jump means ( chaning Postion Randomly & Quickly ) just when in the car . somesort of Anomaly because of too much difference in performance !

Just want Some Cheap Upgrade for him that will make things better ! what can you suggest ?

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Oh ya I know , it has been mine for a while , its DAMN SLow for Today Games !
Ill Consider that But Till i Get Enough money Just Wanna Know if Stuffs wdnt come cheaper then will G620 Fix Things for noticible amount or Things will be the Same ?

Oh & Sorry For that POST Duplication ! Wasnt my Fault :D !