Since installing XP SP2, I noticed my firewall
(ZoneAlarm) is the very last program to start on bootup.
This means it leaves my computer vulnerable for 30
seconds or so. ZoneAlarm used to start immediately on
bootup. Is there a way to change the program start order
in XP SP2 (Home edition)

"Boyd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Since installing XP SP2, I noticed my firewall
>(ZoneAlarm) is the very last program to start on bootup.
>This means it leaves my computer vulnerable for 30
>seconds or so. ZoneAlarm used to start immediately on
>bootup. Is there a way to change the program start order
>in XP SP2 (Home edition)

Not really. But usually your Internet connection is not active when
your PC boots because Windows interrupts the connection during
shutdown.
You may want to get a hardware firewall if you need additional
protection.

--
(tm)