Sign in with
Your question

Can somebody take a look at this?

Last response: in Systems
February 23, 2012 9:45:48 PM

Hello Guys!

I have some questions, i don't know to much about assembling a new computer so if you guys could offer some advice it would be very appreciated!

I am taking the case of my current computer along with my 500GB HDD and my CD/DVD burners and wil put that into my new computer to save me some money since i am on a €500 budget.

I ordered the following parts.

RAM : CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9

Motherboard : GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Energy Supply : OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

Processor : AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop Processor FD6100WMGUSBX

GFX : ASUS EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5 Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Now my question is will this thing work?
Do i need a energy supply with more watt?
Do i need a extra case fan because i read on a few other forums that the GFX card can get to 90 degrees celsius.
do i need a other processor fan?

Will a DVI to VGA cable/adaptor ruin the performance of the GFX card?

Will this thing keep me set for the next 5/6 years without having any problems?
I don't want it blowing up on me or having parts start to melt because i picked all the wrong things.

More about : question

February 23, 2012 9:57:20 PM

Forgot this part sorry

Approximate Purchase Date: Already ordered (stupid i know)
Budget Range: €500
System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming (guild wars 2,skyrim,battlefield 3),web surfing
Parts Not Required: monitor, os, mouse, keyboard
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg
Parts Preferences: AMD
Overclocking: no
SLI or Crossfire: no
Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Additional Comments: I mainly wanna max out guild wars 2 the game has not had a official recommended system specs list but a beta tester listed the GFX card and the Processor and said he should be able to run the game on max and smooth on release so i kinda went with those two parts he has
February 23, 2012 10:12:02 PM

Looks pretty good. The PSU is fine (Power Supply Unit is the same as what you call an Energy Supply), though maybe a little more than you need, which is not a bad thing (it is for your wallet). Will it last 5 years? I can see you playing CoD: Modern Warfare 15 on medium-low settings. The 6870 should handle GW 2 fine on high settings. It looks a lot like WoW which the 6870 can run on Ultra with a decent FPS (as in above 30).
Related resources
February 23, 2012 11:08:34 PM

Ok thank you!

I was quite worried i made some horrid contraption

February 24, 2012 12:06:45 AM

remunj89 said:
Ok thank you!

I was quite worried i made some horrid contraption

No problem. How is the weather in Norway. One of my clan-mates lives there, he says it's always raining. :o 
February 24, 2012 12:19:25 AM

id say go with a better psu brand. seasonic, corsair, antec.
February 24, 2012 12:33:34 AM

traumaiv said:
id say go with a better psu brand. seasonic, corsair, antec.

OCZ is a very reputable brand. I'm sure many here will agree. They use quality parts. Kind of like G.Skill. I had not heard of them until a year ago or so. They are a small company, but just because they don't have huge banner ads on Amazon doesn't mean they don't make quality parts. Try to do a little research before making a harsh judgement.
!