Can somebody take a look at this?

Hello Guys!

I have some questions, i don't know to much about assembling a new computer so if you guys could offer some advice it would be very appreciated!

I am taking the case of my current computer along with my 500GB HDD and my CD/DVD burners and wil put that into my new computer to save me some money since i am on a €500 budget.

I ordered the following parts.

RAM : CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9

Motherboard : GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Energy Supply : OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

Processor : AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop Processor FD6100WMGUSBX

GFX : ASUS EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5 Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Now my question is will this thing work?
Do i need a energy supply with more watt?
Do i need a extra case fan because i read on a few other forums that the GFX card can get to 90 degrees celsius.
do i need a other processor fan?

Will a DVI to VGA cable/adaptor ruin the performance of the GFX card?

Will this thing keep me set for the next 5/6 years without having any problems?
I don't want it blowing up on me or having parts start to melt because i picked all the wrong things.
6 answers Last reply
More about this
  1. Forgot this part sorry

Approximate Purchase Date: Already ordered (stupid i know)
    Budget Range: €500
    System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming (guild wars 2,skyrim,battlefield 3),web surfing
    Parts Not Required: monitor, os, mouse, keyboard
    Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg
    Parts Preferences: AMD
    Overclocking: no
    SLI or Crossfire: no
    Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Additional Comments: I mainly wanna max out guild wars 2 the game has not had a official recommended system specs list but a beta tester listed the GFX card and the Processor and said he should be able to run the game on max and smooth on release so i kinda went with those two parts he has
  2. Looks pretty good. The PSU is fine (Power Supply Unit is the same as what you call an Energy Supply), though maybe a little more than you need, which is not a bad thing (it is for your wallet). Will it last 5 years? I can see you playing CoD: Modern Warfare 15 on medium-low settings. The 6870 should handle GW 2 fine on high settings. It looks a lot like WoW which the 6870 can run on Ultra with a decent FPS (as in above 30).
  3. Ok thank you!

I was quite worried i made some horrid contraption
  4. remunj89 said:
    Ok thank you!

I was quite worried i made some horrid contraption

No problem. How is the weather in Norway. One of my clan-mates lives there, he says it's always raining. :o
  5. id say go with a better psu brand. seasonic, corsair, antec.
  6. traumaiv said:
    id say go with a better psu brand. seasonic, corsair, antec.

OCZ is a very reputable brand. I'm sure many here will agree. They use quality parts. Kind of like G.Skill. I had not heard of them until a year ago or so. They are a small company, but just because they don't have huge banner ads on Amazon doesn't mean they don't make quality parts. Try to do a little research before making a harsh judgement.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product