Windows not loading "Select Proper boot device" error.

obie_90

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Hello,
I saw other threads with the same error, but the suggested fixes wont work for me. When booting up one of three things happen: I either get the "Reboot and select proper boots device" error, or a disk checks starts (without finishing, it freezes at checking registry), or windows loads and freezes at desktop after a few seconds.

I built this computer myself 1.5 years ago, and never had any trouble with it until now. The OS is on a SSD and I've tried changing the SATA input, doing this usually results in windows loading once, and freezing after a few seconds, then back to error messages when trying to boot again.

System:
SSD: Corsair SSD Force Series F60, 60GB
HDD: WD Caviar Green 1TB
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-M, Socket-1155
CPU: Intel Core™ i5 Quad Processor i5-2500
3,3GHz
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB
RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz 4GB

Any input would be greatly appreaciated! Let me know if you need any more information.

There is a very big chance of you having a failing SSD on your hands.
My suggestion to you would be to buy a cheaper low capacity platter HDD and transfer or clone the existing SSD onto the new HDD if possible.
Then give it a try and try to use the SSD to run a complete check using an assortment of tools for the SSD. Check the manufacturers website for a newer firmware for the SSD and flash it.
Then re-clone the SSD with the existing image and see if it works fine.