Sign in with
Your question

Updated Nvidia drivers, second SLI GPU no longer found.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 25, 2011 12:55:38 PM

Hello all,

I just installed the latest beta Nvidia drivers (290.53) and my PC no longer recognizes my second MSI 560 Ti Hawk. It's getting power (fans are spinning) but the red lights on the GPU are not on.

I wasn't having any issues before the update.

System Specs:
i5 2500k @ 4.8 GHz
8 GB DDR3 @ 1600
2 x MSI 560 Ti Hawk
Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
December 25, 2011 1:04:33 PM

go into the nvidia control panel and re-enable SLI
December 25, 2011 1:15:32 PM

ltrazaklt said:
go into the nvidia control panel and re-enable SLI

I would, and that's the first thing I checked, but there is no option to re-enable it. Nvidia Control panel is only showing one graphics cards. I haven't been able to figure out a way to make windows recognize the second card.
Related resources
December 25, 2011 1:23:30 PM

randomshortguy said:
I would, and that's the first thing I checked, but there is no option to re-enable it. Nvidia Control panel is only showing one graphics cards. I haven't been able to figure out a way to make windows recognize the second card.

Your mobo is a Z68?
December 25, 2011 1:26:15 PM

vitornob said:
Your mobo is a Z68?

As I stated in the original post, I have a Asrock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3
December 25, 2011 1:30:12 PM

randomshortguy said:
As I stated in the original post, I have a Asrock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3

I'm sorry for not seeing it. My bad lol

If it was Z68 I would recommend a workaround, but it won't work in P67
December 26, 2011 1:27:01 AM

ok, soo let me see if I got the order of events correct ..you had a working SLi system, showing both cards in the control panel. then you Updated to latest drivers, and now only shows 1 card. when you updated the drivers did you do a clean install, there is a checkbox option for that ..or did you get a second card and updated the driver ? perhaps you left off the SLi bridge ? I know I have done that in my hurry to get up and running ..if it was just the driver update ..try rolling back the driver to previous version
December 26, 2011 1:29:32 AM

oh these are beta drivers ? sooo there might an issue with that particular flavor of grpahics that Nvidia might have to adjust ..but the you mention red lights on the Video card ? I am not terribly familiar with the "Hawk" versions ..what are teh red lights ?
December 26, 2011 1:35:27 AM

After uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics cards (I had a working SLI system before the update), and rolling back the drivers to a non-beta release I got it to work again. I don't know what the issue was. I don't care so long as it works, thank you guys though for taking time to look into this.
!