Disappearing Icons

I have just reinstalled XP Home and now have a desktop icon problem.
The My Computer & My Documents icons have disappeared when I use the
XP start menu and are only visible when I use the Classic start menu, which I
do not want to use. Any advice?
Thanks in advance
3 answers Last reply
More about disappearing icons

    You can restore Windows XP icons by right-clicking on your
    Desktop and selecting Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Davey" wrote:

    | I have just reinstalled XP Home and now have a desktop icon problem.
    | The My Computer & My Documents icons have disappeared when I use the
    | XP start menu and are only visible when I use the Classic start menu, which I
    | do not want to use. Any advice?
    | Thanks in advance

    Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Easy when you know how!
    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > You can restore Windows XP icons by right-clicking on your
    > Desktop and selecting Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    > "Davey" wrote:
    >
    > | I have just reinstalled XP Home and now have a desktop icon problem.
    > | The My Computer & My Documents icons have disappeared when I use the
    > | XP start menu and are only visible when I use the Classic start menu, which I
    > | do not want to use. Any advice?
    > | Thanks in advance

    Ok here goes. When I restart my computer, some of my icons disappear. My
    folder for pictures disappears. My outlook express folder is also gone. I
    have to go in each time and setup my email like it's the first time I have
    used it. I am also having trouble with my internet connection. If I restart
    my pc, I have to enter my ISP and number all over again. Any suggestions? I
    really would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

    "Davey" wrote:

    > Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    > Easy when you know how!
    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > You can restore Windows XP icons by right-clicking on your
    > > Desktop and selecting Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Carey Frisch
    > > Microsoft MVP
    > > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > >
    > > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx

    > > "Davey" wrote:
    > >
    > > | I have just reinstalled XP Home and now have a desktop icon problem.
    > > | The My Computer & My Documents icons have disappeared when I use the
    > > | XP start menu and are only visible when I use the Classic start menu, which I
    > > | do not want to use. Any advice?
    > > | Thanks in advance

Configuration Windows XP Start Menu Icons