Disappearing Icons

September 30, 2004 4:47:05 PM

I have just reinstalled XP Home and now have a desktop icon problem.
The My Computer & My Documents icons have disappeared when I use the
XP start menu and are only visible when I use the Classic start menu, which I
do not want to use. Any advice?
Thanks in advance

More about : disappearing icons

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 7:50:55 PM

You can restore Windows XP icons by right-clicking on your
Desktop and selecting Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Davey" wrote:

| I have just reinstalled XP Home and now have a desktop icon problem.
| The My Computer & My Documents icons have disappeared when I use the
| XP start menu and are only visible when I use the Classic start menu, which I
| do not want to use. Any advice?
| Thanks in advance
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 9:47:01 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Easy when you know how!
"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> You can restore Windows XP icons by right-clicking on your
> Desktop and selecting Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul...

> "Davey" wrote:
>
> | I have just reinstalled XP Home and now have a desktop icon problem.
> | The My Computer & My Documents icons have disappeared when I use the
> | XP start menu and are only visible when I use the Classic start menu, which I
> | do not want to use. Any advice?
> | Thanks in advance

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 1:11:01 PM

Ok here goes. When I restart my computer, some of my icons disappear. My
folder for pictures disappears. My outlook express folder is also gone. I
have to go in each time and setup my email like it's the first time I have
used it. I am also having trouble with my internet connection. If I restart
my pc, I have to enter my ISP and number all over again. Any suggestions? I
really would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

!