Anyway, just bought a new build, my initial intention was to get a pretty beefy comp that would handle most games but not go over the top since I'm actually mainly a console gamer (well was ) and have been playing most games on PS3. I've had a laptop for the last 5 years - it's my first desktop. I think I ended up with a very good gaming system. So yeah, what is this built capable of gaming wise? I splashed out on the card, and I know for certain the CPU is a great choice. Lastly, this is not for advice for parts since it's already been ordered.
P.s I know the desc for the board is vague, but will it support Ivy Bridge? I heard the Z68 does. I may well upgrade to IB in a year or two.
- Case: Sharkoon T28 Midi Tower Case - Black/Blue
- Power Supply: OCZ ZS 750w PSU
- CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz Sandybridge overclocked to 4.40GHz
- Motherboard: Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard ** B3 REVISION **
- Cooler: Corsair A50 CPU Cooler
- RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hard Drive: 1TB HDD
- Graphics Card: HIS 6950 IceQ X PLUS 2GB GDDR5
- Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
- Optical Drive: Samsung SH-B123L/BSBP 12x BluRay ROM / 16x DVD±RW
Yep my first post, please don't slate too much I promise to contribute don't worry ;-) I always end up on this site when searching on Google!!