gumb0

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Hi there

Apologies first off if there are any duplicate threads like this but I'm really stuck. Purchased an entirely new machine and decided on this 560Ti as it was the cheapest model available by quite a bit. I noticed some glitches/artifacts in BF3, only minor so I didn't pay much attention as I'd read that there were issues like this being addressed. Than I started playing MW3 and the issue just seemed to go from bad to terrible. The screen tears,black bars, color and texture blurring can get so bad that I don't see an opponent standing right in front of me. I've noticed some slight things like this in games like Dead Space 2 and a few others but not nearly as bad as in MW3 and to a lesser extent BF3.

I'm running an i5 2400 , 4gb ddr3 ram,1tb Samsung HDD,500w PSU, CM Centurion 590 Chassis with latest drivers/updates and everything at stock speed.

Is this just an issue with Nvidia and these specific games that I'll just have to accept or is my paranoia warranted and I may have a faulty card? I know it's not the most highly thought of brand card here in South Africa.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Andre2807

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
I'm from South Africa myself, buying a Gainward GTX 560 Ti Phantom through Evetech. R2600. That aside, I think it might be your PSU. 500W is the bare minimum for the GTX 560 Ti. Also, check how much amps there are for every 12V rail the PSU has.

wenqi

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
i have that card... no glitches in games, but it does "crash" when idle. i'd say update the drivers (if you haven't done so) and check the psu... doesn't look enough, when i got it they said that 650w is the minimum

Shinigami84

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
My own Inno3D GTX 560 Ti has issues - first it was crashing now and then (both games and "video driver has stopped responding") and later it simply refused to boot. I got it replaced (RMA, you call it?), but in just 2 months my new video card has memory corruption issues (textures being "whole map long" - like spikes through the entire area, as well as missing/transparent textures).
Thing is: GT 430 works fine, driver downgrade didn't help. I'm about to test it on another PC to make sure its not driver/software problem but so far it seems my Inno3D GTX 560 Ti (or generally NVidia GTX 560 Ti) has memory issues. So I'll try to get a refund and get 570 instead, in hopes it will work well (and is made by ASUS).

My Palit GTX560Ti's have performed faultlessly since day one so I don't think it's a problem that affects all of them in general.

shoot you

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
I have an Inno3d 560 Ti card and its working fine. I noticed in MSI Afterburner that my card's default voltage was 987mV a bit lower than other cards I believe. But I have gotten a few driver crashes but that was when my OC was unstable so now its stable and no issues so far. The triangle artifacts in BF3 are solved by a new Driver 290.53 (beta). It was a common issue with a lot of 560 Ti. For the other games I have yet to experience them since I dont really have them. Check if a voltage boost to 1000mV would help if its below 1000.

wenqi

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
i'll update my driver and see what happens, but everytime i let my card (inno3d gtx 560ti) idle for over half hour i get driver crashes... but in games it works fine... any suggestiongs other than driver updates and running a stress test in the background?