How to have a Best Answer reset?

I answered a post about a drive not always being recognized at boot time.
The OP was a young boy seeking advice to pass along to his older brother.
The boy immediately gave me "Best Answer" but his problem is not solved at all.
I explained the Best Answer was for whoever supplied a working solution to his problem and I was going to have the Best Answer reset (so the thread would not be closed) and he could get more input from other members.

I have used the "Report" feature twice to have the Best Answer award removed but it is still there.
Are Best Answers so "etched in stone" that they can't be removed? I don't have it coming in the least and the thread now says "Solved" so more and perhaps better solutions will not be available.

When I get a Best Answer, I like to think "Cool, it worked, and I got a Best Answer for it" but this post has me feeling like I stole candy from a baby.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/262405-45-windows-boot-media-error

I really would but it's a feature request... maybe wrong dept. No BA to give :( and thumbs up is a no go (and always will be.) I know he is content to have done a good deed today.

The post still shows [Solved] but maybe that's a good thing. More people will have a look to see what it all was and realize the problem is not done quite yet. The OP sounds like he's just a little guy and I didn't want to say anything that might indicate user error, (him), so I blamed the hardware and BIOS. At least the big brother won't be griping at the little one for the computer's troubles. Who knows.. I might be right.

Naw... i think it goes something more like this...

familyguy.gif