300$ or less Pc parts for i7 2700k cpu

Icee

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Approximate Purchase Date: Soon as Possible

Budget Range: 300$ or less , If a bit more you can post.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: ( gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, Powersupply, HDD, DVD-Drive, Case,CPU )
I have a Powersupply 900w
I have a i7 2700k

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ( newegg.com)

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: ( 1920x1080 )

Additional Comments: (I've ordered a i7 2700k/I would like to overclock ive been reading around how to but im not that sure yet.Im just looking for a good motherboard with the Pci-E 3.0 , and also i have a pci-e 2.1 card can that fit in a 3.0 slot?)
I would like 8gb ram or somewhere up there
Edit: I forgot i need a CPU fan so it might be a little more than 300$

koogco

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I have no interest in US prices, so not going to advice about specific prices.
2x4GB RAM is quite cheap at the moment you might as well get some 1600mhz since the price from 1600mhz and down is almost identical. Be carefull of buying RAM with tall heatsinks as they might be hard to fit next to the cpu cooler.
What kind of cooler you should buy depend what kind of overclock you are aiming for and how well your CPU will behave. A cheap one such as the 212 evo I got would most likely get you to 4,4ghz or so. But as I said it varies.
The asrock extreme# gen3 boards support PCI-E 3.0, but sandy bridge CPU's like the i7 2700k does not. (I think this goes for all boards called gen3)

Then buy the best graphics card you can afford ( http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32374-7.html )

With 300$ The graphics card will be quite slow compared to that CPU. That is of cause, your choice, the other pages in the linked article will give you an idea how good different cards are at your resolution.

TRENDING THREADS