Video card fan fast spininng

aldragon17

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
Hello,
I got a problem with my Pc, when i boot it up everything starts normaly but after 5 sec my video card fan starts to spin at maximum speed for some seconds and this repeats after seconds until i cut the power . And i dont get video feedback from my monitor. Anu tip please...oh and my pc recently builds up heat but not the video card.

aldragon17

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011

Yes...but it never get hoter then 50 C and yesterday was fine....

oh and....my sistem dosen.t boot at all with my video card or the build in grafic card in the mobo....

aldragon17

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
It doesn.t every thing is working perfectly but i don.t have power to the mouse and keyboard... my monitor is saying "no video input"...i don.t know if i fried the video card or the mobo.....

aldragon17

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
Just one at the start but i don.t know where it cames exactly..the hdd and optical drive are running fineand the psu is fine cuz every fan works and the leds are on...
i have:
AMD athlon II X4 620 2.6Ghz
Ati radeon hd 4650 1gb ddr2
Kingmax 500 Gb hdd
Kingstone 2Gbs ddr3 Ram
460W Psu (noname)

Just because mechanical things like fans and lights work, it doesn't mean the electronics work. Try one stick of RAM at a time, and if that doesn't work, 80% it's a dead CPU and 20% it's a dead motherboard.

aldragon17

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
Ok, thx a lot mate i'll check the cpu on other mb's,but still can this cause fast fan spinning on the video card? or i got the cpu and video card fried?

That's exactly what happens when CPU dies. The default speed of the coolers is 100% fan speed, and it's only controlled by CPU to lower it. If cpu is dead, as soon as fans get the power (when you press the button), they start spinning in their maximum capacity. Also, if your motherboard was dead, chances are it wouldn't start up at all.