Specs for graphics design workstations

tfajo

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
I am looking to build a high end graphics design and animation workstation but I need help with the specs.

Budget size: Average.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

tfajo

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Apologies WR2,

I completely forgot about that. I was looking at about $1000 dollars max. I'll fill out the form below like you requested.

Thanks!

Approximate Purchase Date: (e.g.: this week (the closer the better))

Budget Range: $1000 (Before / After Rebates )

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Listening to Music/watching movies; Gaming; Graphics design on Adobe Creative Suite and Corel, et al; Digital Animation character design and rendering.

Parts Not Required:

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing)

Parts Preferences: Intel Sandy Bridge Processor and Seperate GPU

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: SLI

Monitor Resolution: (e.g.: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200)

Additional Comments: Windows OS XP, Quiet running.

You have a requirement for a "high end graphics design and animation workstation" and you also have a low end design / animation workstation budget.
With $1000 you're looking at a pretty standard personal PC build and not a high end workstation. You can still do graphics design and animation work on it - just not at the same level that professionals work at.
Is this a hobby or are you earning a living doing that kind of work?

I also have a problem sourcing parts and checking prices in Nigeria without knowing what's available locally.
Where do people get parts in Nigeria?

tfajo

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
OK so what is the budget you propose for my wishlist? $1,500?

It is for professional work and the applications I intend to use include the following:

1. 3d Max.
2. ZBrush.
3. Cinema 4D.
4. Photoshop.

Please I really need this info as soon as you can provide it.

Thanks a bunch.

CrestfallenDesign

Honorable
May 2, 2012
considering your location you may have to spend close to 2000 for a decent setup, maybe more.
I could imagine hardware would be pretty expensive to get there unless you have a shop in your area.

remember that any 3D rendering programs are pretty demanding.