Sign in with
Your question

Pc powers up but no display and does not boot

Last response: in Systems
February 24, 2012 11:44:05 AM

i have a problem with my computer, i have recently formatted hard disk and reinstalled windows 7 in my pc, everything was fine until next day when i switch on my computer there is no display in monitor and doesn't seem to boot either. :ouch: 

when switch on the pc the powersupply, cpu, hdd and gcard seem to be runing but there is no display in monitor and i can't detect the booting either,
(there is no post beep error sounds could be heard)and sometimes the pc shuts itself! :heink: 

i thought i have problem with my mobo, so i remove all my RAM from the slots and turned the pc ON to check whether it detects the absence of RAM in the board with the long beep sounds!

And it does detect the absence of RAM and it does gives a long beep sound
and no display! :??: 

i'm confused and need ur help! And thanks in advance! :??: 

my system config:
intel core 2 quad q6600
DG33FB INTEL MOBO
transcend RAM DDR2 4 GB(2GB in each slot)
nvidia geforce 8600gt gcard
430watts psu
samsung lcd monitor 19''
seagate sata hdd
windows 7 x64bit

More about : powers display boot

February 24, 2012 12:18:46 PM

Does your Mobo have a Video output ? If yes try to plug the dvi/vga cable to it and see if you have a display.
I HIGHLY SUSPECT A GC DRIVER PROBLEM.
February 24, 2012 1:28:31 PM

@WR2:
i just checked (list) didn't solve the problem and my pc is not brand new it's almost 4 years old and was working perfectly fine, so i won't be needing breadboarding either...i guess!

@deizblood:
gcard doesn't seem to be the problem either, i tried removing gcard and boot up with onboard graphics but no change...!!

UPDATED:

Just now i de-assembled all my computer's component and re-assembled it!

Result: Well...there seems to be improvement..but not much! :??: 

Finally monitor seems to be displaying something......like error message and still it doesn't seem to boot, :pfff: 

The ERROR message is:

Controller BUS #00, Device #IF, Function#02: 06 Ports, 01 Devices
PORT00: NO DEVICE DETECTED
PORT01: NO DEVICE DETECTED
PORT02: NO DEVICE DETECTED
PORT03: NO DEVICE DETECTED

Does this mean there is a problem with HDD or mobo? :heink: 

please reply! :( 

updated:

i forgot to mention that my pc was affected by trojan horse virus, that's the reason why i reinstalled windows in my system!!!
Reinstallation went successfully and completed booting procedure without any problems!
The problem was started on next day when i try to use my computer...!!! :( 

Then i breadboarded it and i could see display in my monitor but doesnt boot, it just shows error

it doesn't even show the intel mobo's logo!!!!! :o 

Any suggestions would be very helpfull :??:  i desperately need help, please reply!!!!
it's seems very hard to get reply from the community here...! :( 
!