Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Switched computer case. Can not locate where power switch goes.

Last response: in Systems
February 24, 2012 12:05:59 PM

Yesterday I bought a bigger case for my desktop as I was having overheating problems. It is a acer m3300. I have looked everywhere online for the motherboard manual but to no avail. I do not know what motherboard it is. The original case had a 10 pin connector running from the power switch. The new one has a 2 pin connector.
At the bottom of the pins the board has c731, c507, c508, c732, c504, c506 and c529 running from left to right. Beneath that it says F_panel. I have checked the acer site to no avail. Please any help would be appreciated.
Related resources
February 24, 2012 12:55:00 PM

Try looking here. This is the service manual for your unit.

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/Manuals/acer/2010/Ser...

On page 65, you will get the model # and part # of your motherboard. On page 55, there is a picture of your motherboard. You will see some numbers. By numbers 3 and 7 (the upper right hand corner) you will see the 10 pin connector for the power supply (it is the black rectangle in the upper right hand corner, although its a little fuzzy) The power connector should be labeled there with +/- locations for the pin connectors.
m
l
February 24, 2012 2:19:14 PM

I tried putting them in and now the blue led on case turns on and there is a beeping noise. it happens in all the slots. The 2 pin power switch on new case has one blue wire and one white.
m
l
February 24, 2012 3:14:08 PM

I will have to use my Gigabyte board as an example here, so remember this is not a picture of your exact board.

Typically the pins for the power/reset/HDD LED/etc. are either labeled or color coded. I am attaching a picture to show you. You should see a rectangle box like this (as pointed out earlier in your manual I showed you on pg.55) This is your connection panel for your case, which will connect the power/reset/hdd led/ etc. If you look closely, can you see if the board is labeled where each goes or is color coded like the picture below will show you?

m
l
February 24, 2012 3:23:56 PM

Pezcore27 said:
I will have to use my Gigabyte board as an example here, so remember this is not a picture of your exact board.

Typically the pins for the power/reset/HDD LED/etc. are either labeled or color coded. I am attaching a picture to show you. You should see a rectangle box like this (as pointed out earlier in your manual I showed you on pg.55) This is your connection panel for your case, which will connect the power/reset/hdd led/ etc. If you look closely, can you see if the board is labeled where each goes or is color coded like the picture below will show you?

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8934/capturehhd.jpg

I see what you mean. On mine it is not colour coded and underneath has the codes which i posted in the original post I made. Now i am getting a constant beeping noise.
m
l
February 24, 2012 3:39:10 PM

Acer may not label the board pins. In that case trace the wire connections to the switches and leds of the Acer case and label a drawing of the pin connections for each if you can.
Generally negatives are the most common wire color. For switches colors do not matter unless leds are included. Leds only work in one +- configuration.
For not prebuilt mother boards the position occupied by the red rectangle would be + pin(s) and pin(s) in the white rectangle next to it would be negative - .

In this particular Gigabyte it appears the plus pins for each function are marked and power would use both red rectangle pins and no pins appear in the white rectangle area. Please check manual.
m
l
February 24, 2012 3:41:46 PM

The Gigabyte board is not the one he has. I used a picture from gigabyte's website (i have that model board so I was familiar with it)
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
February 24, 2012 4:55:35 PM

paladius said:
The original case had a 10 pin connector running from the power switch.The new one has a 2 pin connector.

No problem

February 27, 2012 8:39:08 PM

That worked and switched my mobo and fans on. But once I put my HDD's and video card in it would not work. My psu works in other computer so I am not sure why it will not turn my PC on
m
l
March 2, 2012 12:08:20 PM

Best answer selected by paladius.
m
l
!