AMD E-350 + Geforce GT 545

sbn

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2004
I have an Asus E35M1-M Pro with AMD 6310 GPU. While this board plays media fine, it certainly is not a gaming platform. I found games unplayable with the 6310. I put in my GT 220 and found games playable, but FPS was horrible. So, wondering if I put in a GT 440 or GT 545 if this would be enough of a boost? Not interested in the regular 550tis or those cards that require much more power. The point of this E350 was to have a low power HTPC, which does its job fine. However if I could play a few games from time to time it would save me the hassle of having to hook up my laptop.

So interested in opinions or experience adding cards to these E-350 boards, anyone think one of these Geforce would be enough? Been suggested I should have gotten an A4, however power, noise, and heat are issues here that I wished to avoid, and thus why I went with the E-350.

You should just keep this as a HTPC or just an low end work/media box. Save the gaming for something better. I do agree that you should have sided with something better but I've dealt with the a4 on the mobile platform and it is weak. Barely any better than what you got so don't feel to bad about it. Go with a quad core based apu and don't look back. To answer your question if you are going to game no matter what then go for a 6670 or toss in a gts450.

sbn

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2004
Ended up getting the GT 545, primarily because it was low power and I prefer Nvidia cards over ATI (never had good luck with them). Anyways I loaded up WOT and with the GT 220 I had barely playable on medium settings, now I have maxed out high settings with triple the FPS.

Now if there was only something that could make me suck less in games?