Cougar Evolution Side Panel Paint Chipped-off

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cougar
  • Cases
  • Components
Last response: in Components
June 11, 2012 10:31:14 PM

To be more precise the edges of the side panel where it meets the case, and it shows some rust.

I'm looking for advice in how to repair this, my casing is only a few weeks old so this is quite a disappointment but since i complaining won't solve it I'm planning on having the edges cleaned and re-sprayed does that seem like a good idea?

Cheers!

More about : cougar evolution side panel paint chipped

a c 723 ) Power supply
June 11, 2012 11:11:24 PM

It is a good idea to fix it!
m
l
a b ) Power supply
June 12, 2012 12:29:46 AM

The new paint might look different than the old paint, it might not match, exactly. Even the same color from different manufacturers can look pretty different.

You could sand down the whole side panel and paint in with the new color. Since you are on it already, you could think about using a completely different color, too. White, red .. whatever matches your color scheme/taste. If you like to. ;) 

BTW, "a few weeks" and there's rust already? Are you living in the jungle (aka high air moisture)? :p 
m
l
June 12, 2012 1:12:52 AM

not far from the beech lol, and the paint that chipped off is very small just at the very point of the side panel so i don't think i'l need to sand it down plus the case color is black so even if it doesn't match 100% i think it's safe to assume it'l be hard to distinguish w/o taking a very close look :S

m
l
!