Sign in with
Your question

Stream lag with this PC... Help!!

Last response: in CPUs
June 12, 2012 1:20:05 AM

Hey folks, i need help figuring out how to fix my streaming. I tried streaming dota 2 but in game i am getting some spikes. I recently just built this computer for streaming purposes and it sucks i cannot even stream properly. Anyhow here are my settings

XFX 7850
i5 2500k (not overclock)
4gb Ram.
windows 7 64 bit ultimate.

Here is my upload speed.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1991444179.png

These are my xsplit settings.

http://i.imgur.com/2yQfq.png

streaming at 720p.
25 FPS
Scale viewport: default.

Can anyone help me improve my streaming? i would gladly appreciate it. If you want to see the sample of how my stream, go to www.justin.tv/liketoks

More about : stream lag

a c 283 à CPUs
June 12, 2012 3:52:36 AM

I'll admit, I didn't watch all of either stream you have on Justin.tv, but just skimming through it, it looked fine to me. In any case, I would absolutely NOT expect a system like that to struggle with streaming. It SHOULD be more than enough. The RAM is the only thing I can think of. An extra 4GB couldn't hurt.

Other than that, just try a small OC to see what that does for you and make sure that you use the High Performance power plan in Widows to stay at full speed constantly to see if that makes a difference.

If an OC and 4GB more RAM don't help, I'm not sure what else to tell you.
June 16, 2012 12:38:39 PM

Thanks for the reply DJ.

Im not kidding at all. My streaming seems to be struggling. I am lagging in game for some reason and i dont understand.

In regards to overclocking it, i must be honest to you this is my first build and i dont know how to OC. most esp with the volts and all that kind of settings. I dont wanna fry anything =\
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 259 à CPUs
June 16, 2012 9:58:34 PM

It definetly isn't your broadband speed! I thought I had fast broadband. What are you on? Verizon never was that fast when I had it.
a c 134 à CPUs
June 16, 2012 10:39:42 PM

Thats got to be The ultimate Fios pkg. 50 down 35 up iirc.

Streaming on the same pc your gaming on is difficult to get right. I would definitely upgrade to 16gb ram and give yourself some breathing room. DOTA2 wants 4gb to run on max settings leaves you with nothing for the system and xsplit so its going to revert to virtual memory and use your harddrive. I'd bet thats where your lag coes in, HDD thrashing as its trying to read and write at the same time.
June 17, 2012 6:12:35 AM

I have a 35/35 fios download/upload.

yeah.. im planning to buy a new ram. btw, i was able to stream with dxtory and xsplit and i ended up having white screen issue. While doing gamesource is fine but my FPS drops LOW.
!