Lapses in logic

markc9

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
3 things:

1) Which is the script for quick reply? Using NoScript there are 12+ sites being blocked. Too hectic to use process of elimination. Why wouldn't Tom's Hardware just host their basic site functions on their own server?

2) Why are there 8+ sites trying to advertise to me or track my stats? Really? Do you guys really not realize that 19/20 of us have this stuff blocked anyways? It's a computer enthusiast site, that is to be expected. The minimal amounts of money made off the 1 guy an hour who comes on without NoScript is completely outweighed by the bad taste you leave in people's mouths when you force them to have to block over half a dozen scripts on your site just to not be tracked or bombarded with ads.

3) Why does all the information in these forms get deleted if you happen to navigate elsewhere? Accidentally click the wrong button, it's gone. It's not like that with other forms, only on here. The worst part though: You'll post something, the site will not accept it (says to pick a sub-category when you just did for instance...) then it sends you back to your post, all gone.

For a site dedicated to hardware enthusiasts I'm a little surprised that these issues are prevalent here. I'm used to finding this stuff on things like EA forums, lol.

randomizer

Champion
1. The majority of "useful" content is from *.tomshardware.com or *.bestofmedia.com (Bestofmedia is the parent company). Unblocking those should allow you to do everything.

2. You'd be surprised how many people don't actually block scripts. Nevertheless you are not alone in find it a problem.

3. This forum software is a real pain, but it is due for replacement when the new software is ready.