How does one get a PIN code?

I just got a Nokia 3620 for Cingular. I was unable to make certain changes
because the phone is locked with a PIN code. I was able to UNLOCK the
phone, but it still requests a PIN code to make changes. Argh! Is there a
way to reset the phone? or do I need to get that from Cingular?

Thanks,

JW
2 answers Last reply
More about code

    On Wed, 18 May 2005 08:56:54 GMT, "Joseph Wind"
    <jw@neoplastic.ph.invalid> wrote:

    >I just got a Nokia 3620 for Cingular. I was unable to make certain changes
    >because the phone is locked with a PIN code. I was able to UNLOCK the
    >phone, but it still requests a PIN code to make changes. Argh! Is there a
    >way to reset the phone? or do I need to get that from Cingular?

    Phones don't have PIN codes they have security codes. PIN codes are
    for SIM security. The default security code is 12345 (as detailed in
    either the hard copy of the manual or on the PDF which you can
    download from nokiausa.com.) As a last resort it's always good to
    read the manual!

    if the code isn't 12345 it can also be 0000
    if those code's don't work, it means they have been changed and then you
    will have to reboot the mobile completely, other software, etc.
    "Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
    > On Wed, 18 May 2005 08:56:54 GMT, "Joseph Wind"
    > <jw@neoplastic.ph.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > >I just got a Nokia 3620 for Cingular. I was unable to make certain
    changes
    > >because the phone is locked with a PIN code. I was able to UNLOCK the
    > >phone, but it still requests a PIN code to make changes. Argh! Is there
    > >way to reset the phone? or do I need to get that from Cingular?
    >
    > Phones don't have PIN codes they have security codes. PIN codes are
    > for SIM security. The default security code is 12345 (as detailed in
    > either the hard copy of the manual or on the PDF which you can
    > download from nokiausa.com.) As a last resort it's always good to
    > read the manual!

GSM Phones Cingular