How does one get a PIN code?

Last response: in Technologies
May 18, 2005 12:56:54 PM

I just got a Nokia 3620 for Cingular. I was unable to make certain changes
because the phone is locked with a PIN code. I was able to UNLOCK the
phone, but it still requests a PIN code to make changes. Argh! Is there a
way to reset the phone? or do I need to get that from Cingular?

Thanks,

JW

More about : pin code

May 18, 2005 12:56:55 PM

On Wed, 18 May 2005 08:56:54 GMT, "Joseph Wind"
<jw@neoplastic.ph.invalid> wrote:

>I just got a Nokia 3620 for Cingular. I was unable to make certain changes
>because the phone is locked with a PIN code. I was able to UNLOCK the
>phone, but it still requests a PIN code to make changes. Argh! Is there a
>way to reset the phone? or do I need to get that from Cingular?

Phones don't have PIN codes they have security codes. PIN codes are
for SIM security. The default security code is 12345 (as detailed in
either the hard copy of the manual or on the PDF which you can
download from nokiausa.com.) As a last resort it's always good to
read the manual!

May 22, 2005 8:32:34 PM

if the code isn't 12345 it can also be 0000
if those code's don't work, it means they have been changed and then you
will have to reboot the mobile completely, other software, etc.