Solved

Computer Immediately Turned Off; Black Screen

Hello fellow cybertechs :D

I was running a program. It appeared as if there was an error and a "bug menu" appeared. There was a dialog box of details, which I didn't read. The options were the boxes of "ok", "cancel", "debug", and one other option. I clicked "debug". It looked like it didn't do anything or resolved really quickly so I clicked it again. I clicked it one more time. And suddenly the computer shut off within 1 second :ouch: not a long shut down where all programs shut down slowly and windows logs off.

Now the computer won't turn on at all when I press the power button :heink: It has never done this before :cry: I waited several minutes and pressed the power button again :whistle: The computer won't turn on, nor is there "any" lights that are on on the computer -- even when the power cord is plugged into it :pfff: ...

Captain Kirk :sol:
USS Enterprise
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer immediately turned black screen
  1. Sounds like Alien Infestation to me. More like straight from the script of "Virus" the Jamie Lee Fox/Curtis movie....:)
  2. Best answer
    I doubt a virus would prevent the entire machine from even turning on. Sounds to me more like an issue with your PSU or mobo, and a case of unfortunate timing.
  3. ^LOL...... Sorry, but that is not even close to what I meant.
  4. LokalHero said:
    I doubt a virus would prevent the entire machine from even turning on. Sounds to me more like an issue with your PSU or mobo, and a case of unfortunate timing.

He was just playing off of the Sci-Fi angle, LOL. :lol:
  5. After all the thread was started by the great Capt. Kirk......:) now his PC has managed to go where no man has dared to go before.....
  6. Best answer selected by James T Kirk USS Enterprise.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers