Jul 24, 2011
Hello fellow cybertechs :D

I was running a program. It appeared as if there was an error and a "bug menu" appeared. There was a dialog box of details, which I didn't read. The options were the boxes of "ok", "cancel", "debug", and one other option. I clicked "debug". It looked like it didn't do anything or resolved really quickly so I clicked it again. I clicked it one more time. And suddenly the computer shut off within 1 second :ouch: not a long shut down where all programs shut down slowly and windows logs off.

Now the computer won't turn on at all when I press the power button :heink: It has never done this before :cry: I waited several minutes and pressed the power button again :whistle: The computer won't turn on, nor is there "any" lights that are on on the computer -- even when the power cord is plugged into it :pfff: ...

Captain Kirk :sol:
USS Enterprise

Solution
I doubt a virus would prevent the entire machine from even turning on. Sounds to me more like an issue with your PSU or mobo, and a case of unfortunate timing.

LokalHero

Honorable
May 2, 2012
I doubt a virus would prevent the entire machine from even turning on. Sounds to me more like an issue with your PSU or mobo, and a case of unfortunate timing.

Solution