Sign in with
Your question

Razer Imperator Mouse - Can't open configurator

Last response: in Systems
February 24, 2012 11:17:23 PM

I bought a used but in good condition Razer Imperator (original) on ebay. I received it and it worked right away - everything looks good and functions well with the mouse itself. It is very sensitive, so I went and downloaded the latest driver from Razer's website so I could adjust the settings and create a profile.

So, I downloaded the driver, installed it, and restarted the computer. The mouse still worked fine (lit up as well), however when I went into the Configurator, it starts to load and then I get a Windows message - "Razer Imperator Configuration Tool has stopped working". Tried restarting again, to to avail.

Then, I noticed that with the mouse unplugged, the Configurator opens - but then of course tells me that no Razer mouse can be found. So, I tried plugging the Razer in again - back to the Configuration Tool error.

So, I went back to Razer and downloaded the firmware updater, followed their instructions, and updated the firmware on the mouse. Restarted the computer, tried the Configurator again and nothing.

Then I tried uninstalling the driver/configurator completely and started over. Nothing.

I've also tried several different USB ports on my mother board.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit, with an ASUS 1155 motherboard.

Not sure what else to try.

Thanks
February 24, 2012 11:31:31 PM

As added information, I also tried doing this on a second computer with Windows 7 64-bit (an HP Elitebook - the above post is all being done on a new desktop build). Same characteristics, except the configurator actually opens, but once it's open, I get the error and it bombs out.

Seems it is a mouse issue? Is there something I can do to reset the mouse or something?
m
l
February 24, 2012 11:48:53 PM

I found some other comments about this issue, and it was recommended to revert from driver version 2.01 to 1.00 (or something older than 2.01). I did this, and the configurator is opening now. Still not sure why the latest version won't work.
m
l
Related resources
February 25, 2012 5:49:47 PM

where did you find the older driver version? I am having the same problem with mine
m
l
February 25, 2012 6:57:23 PM

http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=v...

Also, this is what I heard back from support, although I haven't done this yet - since things are working now:

1. Uninstall the driver
2. Reboot
3. Download and save the latest driver to your computer 4. Then enable compatibility mode:
a. Right-click on the installation file
b. Choose properties and you will see the Admin and Compatibility mode settings there in the Compatibility tab.
-Run it in Windows XP Service Pack 2 mode.
-Also in the Privilege Level section check the Administrator mode box 5. Reinstall by
a. Right-clicking on installation file and running it as Administrator.
6. Run configurator
a. By enabling compatibility mode on it as described earlier from the start menu > Programs > Razer folder and enable administrator on it as well.
m
l
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 7, 2012 9:46:42 AM

It does not working....Please tell me what i can do..,.

Thanks.
m
l
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 17, 2012 3:06:19 AM

JUST RUN THE RAZER APLICATIN INS ADMINISTRATIVE MODE.
m
l
!