  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 1:36:14 PM

So I'm messing about on BG2:TOB with a wild mage.

I'm told that Ctrl+H will set the wild mage surge. I press Ctrl+H, and it
doesn't work...

debug mode is on, all the other 'cheat keys' work, yet Ctrl+H
doesn't...Anyone know why?

More about : ctrl working

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 4:09:38 PM

Should work.

Is your console open? And is your wild mage character also selected
when you use CTRL+H?

Also, someone else suggested using a clean install of BG2+TOB but I
don't know about that. Seems extreme to me. I never had trouble with
this when I messed with a wild mage: it was a fairly new install but I
had a several Wes and FW mods installed at the time.

Good luck, wild mages are fun!

:-P
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 11:43:26 PM

In alt.games.baldurs-gate, Phaenar said:-

> Should work.
>
> Is your console open? And is your wild mage character also selected
> when you use CTRL+H?
>
> Also, someone else suggested using a clean install of BG2+TOB but I
> don't know about that. Seems extreme to me. I never had trouble with
> this when I messed with a wild mage: it was a fairly new install but I
> had a several Wes and FW mods installed at the time.
>
> Good luck, wild mages are fun!

Yeah...your suggestions are being done....however no luck.

Thanks for your input..I've got a feeling one of my mods is interfering
with things.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 2:57:50 AM

Dean Jarratt wrote:
> In alt.games.baldurs-gate, Phaenar said:-
>
> > Should work.
> >
> > Is your console open? And is your wild mage character also selected
> > when you use CTRL+H?
> >
> > Also, someone else suggested using a clean install of BG2+TOB but I
> > don't know about that. Seems extreme to me. I never had trouble with
> > this when I messed with a wild mage: it was a fairly new install but I
> > had a several Wes and FW mods installed at the time.
> >
> > Good luck, wild mages are fun!
>
> Yeah...your suggestions are being done....however no luck.
>
> Thanks for your input..I've got a feeling one of my mods is interfering
> with things.

Ok, one more dumb question then I'll shutup ... you have your mouse
cursor pointing at your wild mage when you use the CTRL-H? And you
have the latest official patch?

Ok, that was two dumb questions, doh!

:-P
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 12:13:38 PM

"Phaenar" <phaenar@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1124776670.921206.206940
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

>> > Good luck, wild mages are fun!
>>
>> Yeah...your suggestions are being done....however no luck.
>>
>> Thanks for your input..I've got a feeling one of my mods is interfering
>> with things.
>
> Ok, one more dumb question then I'll shutup ... you have your mouse
> cursor pointing at your wild mage when you use the CTRL-H? And you
> have the latest official patch?

That is correct...it's very strange.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:48:16 PM

Dean Jarratt wrote:
> Jason Compton <jcompton@xnet.com> wrote in
> news:D ei2mv$m56$1@new7.xnet.com:
>
> > As a general rule, there's nothing mods can do that would interfere

> I'm just at a loss to explain it...I'm thinking that my TOB installation
> is a tad faulty, and as you know it's a TOB only thing.
>
> I thought about making a permanent +100 chaos shield for always normal
> wild surges, but I might as well play a standard mage if I did that.

Probably the quickest way would be to backup your savegames, backup
your original mod installer files, and do a clean install of
BG2+TOB+Patch, then create a test wild mage with no mods and see if it
works. Then you'd know, and you can also add back one mod at a time,
use your test mage, and see if the new install actually fixes the
problem or if there was a specific mod that causes it.

If you get all the mods back and it still works then restore your
savegames.

And don't use any of 'those' scripts! ;-)

:-P
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 7:11:27 PM

As a general rule, there's nothing mods can do that would interfere with the operation of the
debug keys. Not that I have a better explanation, but it's probably not anything to do with a
mod.

--
Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 7:48:54 PM

Jason Compton <jcompton@xnet.com> wrote in
news:D ei2mv$m56$1@new7.xnet.com:

> As a general rule, there's nothing mods can do that would interfere
> with the operation of the debug keys. Not that I have a better
> explanation, but it's probably not anything to do with a mod.

Normally, and this is coming from a BG scripter and modder, I would agree
wholeheartedly.

However in the absence of any other explanation, I did resort to
'blaming' a mod. I've installed the 'enhanced dual-classing options' mod,
I reckon this might be causing the wild mage class to become slightly
corrupt, and hence stop CTRL+H working. Is it true that CTRL+H will only
work on a Wild Mage character? If so, I could be onto something here. I
did uninstall the mod later, but the damage could have already been done
by then.

I even thought that the combination of Ctrl+H keystrokes on my keyboard
was faulty...a quick test later proved that Ctrl+H did indeed bring up
the history window in IE. ;)