Solved

Confused about Turbo boost actual speed

My i5_750 current clock speed is 2.66 ghz and it's turbo boost speed is 3.2 ghz.but in bios i found that it's 2.8 ghz actually when all cores are on.then i disabled my power saving features and then found in Cpu z all cores are running at 3.2 ghz.but then i started to play ACR and found that after 10 minutes cores are at 2.8ghz ...how's that possible and which is correct?is it possible to get full 3.2 ghz when all cores are active?
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about confused turbo boost actual speed
  1. Best answer
    2.8GHZ with all 4 cores and 3.2 GHz with 2cores! Explained in this table http://www.intel.com/support/processors/corei5/sb/CS-032278.htm?wapkw=(cs-032278)
  2. A brother in CPU!!! Grate to find you mate, i5-750 is a very nice cpu :d Mine is @2.99, i don't risk more because it is very hot where I live and money is short for a new build now.
  3. notlim981 said:
    A brother in CPU!!! Grate to find you mate, i5-750 is a very nice cpu :d Mine is @2.99, i don't risk more because it is very hot where I live and money is short for a new build now.

Nice to meet you mate.and yes same condition for me.about 40 degrees here and no possibility of changing cpu in some days.
  4. Best answer selected by Static compiler.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Turbo Boost Intel i5