Built a gaming computer, i think something is wrong...

Thedarkness03

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Hi there. I recently had a computer built for me for gaming. I mostly play WoW and Skyrim. The graphics card i purchased was an Nvidia gtx 560 ti....which from what i'm told should be more than enough to handle those games on ultra settings. However, WoW seems to run at a constant 60 fps (i thought that'd be higher?) and during my 25 man raids when theres a lot going on, the fps will dip down into the 20's and slow down substantially...i didn't think i'd have that problem with the hardware i'm running. I tested it out with Futurmark 3dmark 11 and it scored very low on the standard benchmark testing, and ran at about 3-8 fps on the extreme benchmark setting. Also, the screen will randomly crash on me from time to time while surfing the web and return with a message saying "nvidia display driver has stopped responding and has recovered." It's getting really annoying. For all the money i spent on the parts to build this thing ($2100) i didn't really expect it to turn out this way. could my graphics card be junk or do you feel it could be something else? this is the first computer i've ever built, so i'm kinda new to this stuff...thanks!

my setup

intel quad core i7-2600 @3.4 ghz
nvidia gtx 560 ti (the one with two fans)
16gb RAM
750w Power supply
asus P67 deluxe motherboard
27" samsung LED back lit monitor (2ms)

all drivers are up to date to my knowledge...

TRENDING THREADS