Hey,

I'm David Hobbs an undergraduate at the University of York, at the
moment I'm trying to write a dissertation for my final year on
Nintendo and the videogame industry.
So if anyone has a spare few minuets to fill out an online
questionnaire it would help me out a lot.

Just follow the link
http://www.freewebs.com/davidhobbs/homepage1.html

All results will be used for academic research and NOT used for any
other purpose

Thank you very much

Jordan

dsoh100@york.ac.uk wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm David Hobbs an undergraduate at the University of York, at the
> moment I'm trying to write a dissertation for my final year on
> Nintendo and the videogame industry.
> So if anyone has a spare few minuets to fill out an online
> questionnaire it would help me out a lot.
>
> Just follow the link
> http://www.freewebs.com/davidhobbs/homepage1.html
>
> All results will be used for academic research and NOT used for any
> other purpose
>
> Thank you very much

I'll help you out, but you should know it's been done. There's a book
called "Game Over" by David Sheff. Good reading on Nintendo history.

- Jordan

dsoh100@york.ac.uk wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm David Hobbs an undergraduate at the University of York, at the
> moment I'm trying to write a dissertation for my final year on
> Nintendo and the videogame industry.
> So if anyone has a spare few minuets to fill out an online
> questionnaire it would help me out a lot.
>
> Just follow the link
> http://www.freewebs.com/davidhobbs/homepage1.html

David,

I guess the last question about the hours spent is per week gaming,
right?

Jordan wrote:
> dsoh100@york.ac.uk wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I'm David Hobbs an undergraduate at the University of York, at the
> > moment I'm trying to write a dissertation for my final year on
> > Nintendo and the videogame industry.
> > So if anyone has a spare few minuets to fill out an online
> > questionnaire it would help me out a lot.
> >
> > Just follow the link
> > http://www.freewebs.com/davidhobbs/homepage1.html
> >
> > All results will be used for academic research and NOT used for any
> > other purpose
> >
> > Thank you very much
>
> I'll help you out, but you should know it's been done. There's a book
> called "Game Over" by David Sheff. Good reading on Nintendo history.
>
> - Jordan

I read one Game Over on Nintendo a while ago (must be the same one "How
Nintendo zapped an American...") A very good read but it was written in
1992/93 IIRC when PS1 was on the horizon. It might be worthwhile to
spend more time on what happened to Nintendo in the next 12-13 years,
especially the aversion to online gaming when it tried on those lines
10 years back.

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Wrote in alt.games.video.xbox:

> Hey,
>
> I'm David Hobbs an undergraduate at the University of York, at the
> moment I'm trying to write a dissertation for my final year on
> Nintendo and the videogame industry.
> So if anyone has a spare few minuets to fill out an online
> questionnaire it would help me out a lot.
>
> Just follow the link
> http://www.freewebs.com/davidhobbs/homepage1.html
>
> All results will be used for academic research and NOT used for any
> other purpose
>
> Thank you very much

How could you not have the Turbo Graphix on that list? It was the
most innovative console of it's time.

--
David