Stinsels

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
did'nt really know what was the location to put this because it's kinda graphics card related and it kinda isn't

Okay so i've been asking around on couple forums now and i wanne make sure that i do the right thing..

the setup:
- Optoma hd600x 3D-ready projector
- PC with 2x4890 xxx
- 1.4 hdmi cable
- ZD201 3D Glasses (DLP-Link)
The problem:
i can't get 3D..

On optoma's website (http://www.optoma.de/projectordetailshccs.aspx?ShowMenu=HE&PTypedb=Home%20Entertainment&PC=3D-XL)
they show some kind of diagram to show that you need the 3D-XL box to convert the output from console, 3DTV, Blu-ray to 3D images.
But i don't have any of those, the projector is always connected to my PC wich is where the harddrive with all my games and movies is in..
Now i tried to use stereoscopic player and set the output to "AMD Stereo driver" and i also tried "3D ready DLP-TV".
put the projector into 3D mode, set the projector to 120hz in windows aswell just to be sure, turn the glasses on..no 3d at all..
strange thing is that the glasses do recognize the 120 hz, because when i turn my head away from the screen or leave the screen in 60hz the glasses are way lighter..when i look at the 120hz image they are really darker.

so then i tried to use IZ3D driver to test if games work in 3D..
open IZ3D driver..enable Stereo..put the output to "ATI 3D DLP (free for ati radeon users)" wich is checkerboard..open a game..put the resolution to 1280x720 120hz..no 3D

Then someone on another forum pointed this out to me: http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-hd3d/pages/supported-hardware.aspx

my hd600x is not in the list of supported projectors..
then he said to change the software register so i did this:
- Projector has to be connected and setup to 120hz for support AMD HD3D

- Install iZ3d driver, goto "help" and press "Diagnostic" it will show you a required key.

Example:
Found the right key in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\C lass\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001"

- Start - run - regedit.exe
And go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Cl ass\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001

create DALForceStereoSupport parameter

REG_DWORD
value = 1

if you have \0002,\0003... then do the same for all these keys.

- Reboot PC

that did make the pc think that it was a supported projector but still 3D did'nt work..

then i downloaded this little file: http://www.avforums.com/forums/projectors/1414639-hd67n-inf-hd600x-presumably-hd67.html
and did this:
Open up the Device Manager of Windows and locate the TV/Projector/Monitor under 'Monitors'. Right click it and select 'Update Driver Software...'. Select 'Browse my computer for driver software' and after that 'Let me pick from a list of a device drivers on my computer'. Now click 'Have Disk...' and 'Browse...' to the desktop folder. Open the inf file. Click OK and then uncheck 'Show compatible hardware' in the list of devices.

nothing..

then the guy said ow yeah for frame sequential you need quad buffer so you need 5xxx or 6xxx card from ati..

so..if i upgrade my videocard will the 3D finaly work ?
or..if i buy the 3D-XL box from optoma can i connect my pc to that and watch my movies like that ?

or..and hope this is the case..is there another way to get 3D working without wasting any more money ?

THANKS ALOT if you reply to this..it's a pretty long read i know but i just don't know what to do or where to go for info to get it working..

djscomputerservice

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
I think your problem is your card isnt compatible. You have 4890? i believe you have to have 6850 or above. The Card description will say that you have HD3D, you can install software all day long but doesn't mean it will work. Best to get better Cards 6870 for sure!

HDMI 1.4a is needed as said above, though most spec's will only tell you the 1.4 part, even if it is 1.4a compliant, so you need to search hard to get the correct info.

You will also want to use Tridef software. IZ3D is out of business.

You will also find that these 3D TV and projectors are also limited to 720p@60 in 3D. This is mostly due to the HDMI limitations.