Sign in with
Your question

Problem with Sound

Last response: in Systems
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
February 25, 2012 7:22:05 PM

Okay, bit of an interesting quirk. I have a custom build computer, the built in sound card had some feedback issues on the speaks. From what I gathered, this can be typical of on-board sound cards, so thinking I was clever, I installed the SoundBlaster Live! card from my old Dell 8200 in it, installed http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/ these drivers which were supposed to work with the antiquated card on Windows 7. Boot it up, no change in the feedback, AND I now have no sound coming from either the SB Live card or the motherboard on-board. Racking my brain on this, I've uninstalled the KX drivers, and still no go on the sound from the on-board ports. When I use the test feature it shows sound is playing but nothing is coming out of the speakers but that dastardly fan noises I was attempting to get rid of by installing the SB Live in the first place.

Any thoughts?

System Config:

-Phenom II 975 Black Edition
-Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
-16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB)
-Zotac 550 Ti Amp! Edition (NVIDIA)
-750 Watt power supply

More about : problem sound

February 25, 2012 7:26:55 PM

Update: I was able to get the sound back by pulling the SB Live! and rebooting. Now, any ideas why the SB Live! wouldn't work? lol.
m
l
February 26, 2012 2:55:48 AM

NVM. I should have learned by now, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. The speakers were just crappy. Invested in a 25 dollar set from Walmart and no problem.
m
l
!